Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sold car. New owners address
  • will
    Free Member

Well I sold my car last month, but could deal with it face to face so my mate got the docs sorted.

Anyway dvla have contacted me requesting the new address. I don’t have it! Tried to contact the chap and he says he’s got the log book… Anyway he won’t reply again now.

Not sure what to do. Apart from continue to ring him!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

is the log book he has the new one? if so, i presume the DVLA have the address. Not sure who’s responsibility it is if you’ve completed your bit at point of sale.

will
    Free Member

I assume it’s the new one. If so then your right the dvla have his address, but I’m not sure he has it…

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

tell the dvla you cant contact him and pass his phone number on to them.

amplebrew

I’d put it in writing to the DVLA that you sold your vehicle, confirming the date and include any details you have of the new keeper such as his number.

Send it to – DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BA

It might just be a case that the DVLA want conformation that the new keeper is the ‘new keeper’ and not someone trying to get a log book for your vehicle in their name.

will
    Free Member

Thanks guys. They sent me a simple letter getting me to confirm the date of sale and any details. So I’ll reply with what I have.

Just a little concerned that the bloke I sold it too is trying to pull a fast one! And I don’t want to be liable for fines etc…

amplebrew

will – Member
    Thanks guys. They sent me a simple letter getting me to confirm the date of sale and any details. So I’ll reply with what I have

It’ll just be because the new keeper has applied for a new log book and they haven’t had signed notification from the previous keeper; being yourself.

I wouldn’t worry about it, just confirm what details you know.

The important bit is to confirm the date you sold the vehicle, so that you’re not liable for fines.

will
    Free Member

Top stuff. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sold car. New owners address’ is closed to new replies.