Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Solarstorm X3 XML T6 – anyone used one? Worth the money?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

It’s obviously not a lot of money, but is it good for the odd night time ride?

There’s no way I’ll be persuaded to spend much more on lights as 99.99% of my riding is in the daytime (Friday from 3:30 – 6:00, actually 🙂 ).

Considering they’re about $25, is it worth spending $50 on two? Double the batteries so one can be used for commuting when necessary.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Wont let me edit:

here’s a link to the lights and, FWIW, I live in Thailand.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20151116030526&SearchText=solarstorm+x3

somafunk

It’s overkill for commuting as the unfocused beam pattern (unless pointed down at your front wheel) will blind everyone coming towards you but for off road use they are perfectly decent, good spread of light and excellent throw, I ditched the original battery and charger as i don’t trust them not to go pop.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks. Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I needed to ride in the dark anyway.

Is it worth getting 2 of them (as that’s about Father Christmas’ budget) or is one perfectly fine?

scandal42
    Free Member

I ordered the one from Gearbest and it’s a legit light, unlike a lot of other places that sell so many different variations.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the one I bought from ebay was supposedly genuine and looked OK, but it was poor, very concentrated on the blue central light, and worse than my copy SSX2.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Interesting scandal and turnerguy.

Do you have links to them? I was confused as to the price differences in the aliexpress offerings.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

This is the same guy – can’t see his claim to be genuine now :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SolarStorm-Mountain-Bike-Light-Bicycle-Cree-U2-T6-3-LED-Headlamp-Flashlight-UK-/121816267039?hash=item1c5cd0b91f:g:GAoAAOSwbqpT9ZlX

not worth the risk of buying – just get something from mtbbatteries and move on…

(I only bought out of idle curiosity – I have a glowworm set for actual usage – stupid waste of money really 🙁 )

fudge9202
    Free Member

+1 for gearbest, great quality and good safe batteries. Yinding are nice as are the Nitefighter BT21 and BT40S.
    Between £30-£40 delivered.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Solarstorm X3 XML T6 – anyone used one? Worth the money?’ is closed to new replies.