Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Solarstorm x2 Mount for Bell super, how can I get hold of this 3d printed one?
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Found this thing to easily mount an x2 onto a bell super: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:358830
    But how would I get it printed? If thats not possible, has anyone else got something that works?

partickbateman
    Free Member

You should just be able to upload the file to a 3D printing service like this one and pay to get it made.

Never done it myself, so no idea on pricing. If you Google “3d printing service” there are a few options.

If you decide to go ahead, let me know and I might add to your order – could be cheaper to do a couple.

chrism110
    Free Member

I’d also have one

eltonerino
    Free Member

Me 3

lightman
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

Could you not just bodge a mount using the camera mount that’s on the helmet?

thepodge
    Free Member

I have a 3D printer sat on my desk ready to go if thats any use to you lot

jools182
    Free Member

I’d be interested in something for the Bell Super that can hold a torch

thepodge
    Free Member

I could probably do that too.

Northwind

Does the super come with a gopro mount? It’s really easy to adapt lights to fit gopro “feet”…

MadBillMcMad

I just bough a Bell Super yesterday & was just wonderring the very same.

So interested in an adaptor as well.

@Northwind – do you care to expand please

tang
    Free Member

Raceware direct might be able to help. Pretty good at custom 3D mounts.

Northwind

MadBillMcMad – Member

@Northwind – do you care to expand please

I’ll see if I can find pics I did but it’s pretty straigtforward- gopro have an “arm” which has 2 holes at right angles, so you just fit one to the mount and use the other hole to bolt to the light (ie remove the original light bracket and use the screw hole). There’s neater ways to do it but this is the simplest.

andybrad
    darrenspink
    Free Member

Found a few places to get it done now. Looks like it would be around £12, unless you wanted it in titanium in which case £330 🙂

Still looking around, let us know if find a place and order.

thepodge
    Free Member

I need to get more use out of the printer so I can do them at cost if you like

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

I’d be interested in one too if a group order would help the price…

MikeG

I’m printing one now, I’ve only got a hobbyking mini fabrikator printer so can only print in pla, if it looks strong enough I could print a few as well, can’t see them being more than £5 or £6 posted.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

I’d take 2 if anyone wants to make some?

Got a super and a spare super mount that’s been adapted using sugru to fit the vent of my road lid

EDIT – black would be good. If anyone wants to knock some up my email is in profile to arrange payment…..

darrenspink
    Free Member

Excellent stuff. Would need one in black if possible Mike or thepodge.

thepodge
    Free Member

Black! I’m not sure if I have any black.

I do have:
    Fire Truck Red
    Squeezed Orange
    Mellow Yellow
    Village Green
    Greenery Green
    Electric Blue
    Lapis Blue
    Princely Purple
    Cherry Blossom Pink
    Desert Tan
    Clear / Opaque

MikeG

I’ve not got any black filament, can do white, yellow, blue, orange, grey, luminous green (might be a bit weaker) and I think I’ve got green as well.

Email in profile if any of those are suitable

jools182
    Free Member

Podge any colour except purple

eltonerino
    Free Member

Purple is good for me. As is clear or grey

youngrob

I bought this mount last week and it works perfectly with my solarstorm connected to the Bell Super go pro mount

http://bit.ly/1L7PDmm

thepodge
    Free Member

Email me your colour choices and I’ll see what I can do on Monday

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I did the go pro style mount that was a really easy option.

MikeG

There’s a white one on it’s way to Darren for testing (I know it fits the light but I’ve not got a suitable helmet here), I also printed the gopro type as well.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Not had chance to have a proper look yet but how does the non-go pro mount attach, I can see theres a velcro slot.

MikeG

Glad they’ve turned up 🙂
    I wondered the same after I printed it, as far as I could work out there are a couple of bits of velcro inside the helmet either side of the slot the mount goes into which the strap connects to see fifth pic down here
    interested to here how you get on

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ok, will have a look when I get back, cheers.

thepodge
    Free Member

eltonerino, your email made its way into my spam folder but I’ve just replied.

Googling how it fits to the helmet, it seems Velcro is used but a mating plate and some cable ties would be more secure I’d have thought.

I’ve been asked about both helmet to bar style brackets and helmet to GoPro mounts. I can now do both of these.

haribodan
    Free Member

Ive been looking for something like this for my x2 and x3. I’ll test one out.

darrenspink
    Free Member

It doesn’t fit/work with the new bell super 2r. It requires velcro tabs that aren’t present.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’d take one too. Just got a Super and my x2 needs a place to mount.

haribodan
    Free Member

I’ve got the original 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

I’d definitely pay for one. Looking at mounting all the week

survivor

A guy on MTBR Forum sells machined Aluminium ones with cooling fins on and posts to the UK I believe. Nearly bought one myself but then couldnt be arsed!!

haribodan
    Free Member

Any idea on where to find him and prices?

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ll be printing some more of these up today. I’m a little behind as my proper job has taken priority

I’ve also developed a more universal one for people without Bell Super helmets

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Solarstorm x2 Mount for Bell super, how can I get hold of this 3d printed one?’ is closed to new replies.