Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • solarstorm x2 leds flashing? What does it mean?
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

I know that 1 led flashing means the battery is low but does anyone know what it means when the top and bottom leds flash and the middle one remains unlit? Doesn’t affect the light working but I can’t tell how much battery life is left. Any help would be great.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Actually I was wrong, it does seem to have effected the operation. The light is bright as it should be on strobe setting but on other constant settings the light is very dim. Does anyone know how I might fix this? Thanks.

downhilldave

Power < 80% Three Led’s on
    50 % < Power > Two Led;s on
    Runtime < 30 mins One Led flashing Simples 8) Is it a standard battery? Mine only worked correctly for three or four charges,replaced with one from Torchy and problem solved

p8ddy
    Free Member

My SolarStorm experience is similar to downhilldave’s.

Last time I used the included battery the light wasn’t behaving (from full charge showing one flashing light then changing to three, then back to one).

Switched to a Torchy battery (with a battery box and 4 torchy 18650 cells as backup) and the light has been 100% reliable. Is it possible that your battery has got wet and it’s shorting? The bundled battery is not waterproof – at all.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys. Yes I’m thinking the battery might have got wet and that’s what’s causing the issues. Can either of you offer me a link to where I can get an improved more reliable battery please?

fozzybear
    Free Member

mtbbatteries.co.uk

z1ppy

I couldn’t locate any batteries Torchy is currently selling (ebay or amazon), so he maybe out of stock?

Another alternative is Ollie/marmaduke

PS: I found my SSX2 batterty indicator lights did strange thing with old/tired batteries.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ve gone for the one that z1ppy linked too. The batteries seem to get pretty good reviews. I’m going to leave the one I have to dry out and see if that works but an hour of runtime really wasn’t much use anyway.

Not put off buying direct from China yet though because all in I’ve spent £60 which I reckon is still pretty decent value considering the quality of the lights output.

Cheers

rockfall72
    Free Member

Took my Solarstorm out last night for the first proper time and almost immediately after switching it on it dropped from three LED’s to one. It did however run on med and high setting for about two hours before then starting to flash but continued to run on medium setting for approx 30 mins. Do you think this is a dodgy battery or an unreliable battery indicator?

whereisthurso
    Free Member

That was basically how mine ran from new with the original cheap Chinese battery. You couldn’t really have any confidence in the run times on any of the settings but it did seem safer to be in low or medium.

To be honest when I bought the light for £25 I didn’t hold out much hope for the battery so I’m not too surprised to be investing in a better one a couple of months later.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

All dried out and working ok again. Still glad I’ve ordered a more reliable battery though. It cut out at the worst possible time last night and was responsible for me trimming a few branches off the trees on the way home.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘solarstorm x2 leds flashing? What does it mean?’ is closed to new replies.