Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Soggy arse solutions?
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

Out for a ride last night and it was cold and wet and my arse was soaking within seconds. Didn't spoil the ride but much colder and it might. Also a bit bored of the grinding paste that accumulates in the pad in bib tights.
    Have a mudguard, but it wasn't on the new bike and a mudguard won't help keep the rest of me warm, so.
    What baggies? Endura MT500 with a waterproof arse look ok, will probably keep bibs underneath so any other cheaper, decent arse waterproofers?

thomthumb
    Free Member

diy waterproof shorts. DPM goretex from ebay, and chop the legs off. works brilliantly. there was a long thread about it last couple of days.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

a) Grin and Bear it.

b) Stay inside on the sofa.

c) Waterproof shorts that slide about on the saddle, get caught, flap around and irritate you.

HTH, anothergrittycrack

Junkyard
    Free Member

waterprrof shorts dont slide on saddle or get caught or flap around either.
    Did you get ones that are too big?
    Gortex cut off is a good idea though for cheapness

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Ah TT, the Army surplus goretex trousers thread? Found it, ta.

ADH, a) I did, b) I do, too often c) yep, thats them! 🙂

Phil_H

Plastic bag down the back of the bib shorts (on the inside)??
    Very cheap & works surprisingly well.

wombat

Replace your saddle with a a moulded plastic childs bike seat with a high back, should keep the mud off 😀

Ben_Haworth

FWIW Gore/Altura waterproof shorts get my vote.

scaredypants

I just use cut-down plastic waterproof trousers – only to keep my arse dry.
    Must admit, I might have got goretex if I knew they were that cheap but I doubt there's much "breathing" under a layer of mud & kack constantly being sprayed on there

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Plastic bag down my shorts? Might go a little higher tech than that. Think wombat could be onto something there, will have to look at the plastic seats at school, see if any don't have the annoying hole at the back.
    Is that those Attack shorts Benji? Similarly spendy though, they lasted well?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mudguards

chakaping
    Free Member

Get some waterproof shorts, you won't look back.

Either that or start wearing a nappy.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

TJ, as I said, I have a mudguard, it just happened to not be on the bike, extra waterproof layer would mean I don't have to remember to move the guard (more likely to remember clothes) and it is an extra layer in case I ever have to wait for anyone (unlikely, but I hope!), mudguard won't do that as well as a pair of shorts/extra layer.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I use Endura waterproof shorts over bib shorts. They don't slip around,but they sometimes get caught on the saddle. I do have extremely thin legs,which excaberate the problem.

clareymorris

Mudguard and waterproof shorts (Gore gets my vote, for the girly fit, but obviously they do a blokes version too, or is it the other way round!?)…….a must for wet bikey especially with 3/4 or full tights 😀

cinnamon_girl

Another vote for Gore Alp X but don't get them caught on barbed wire 😳

Have been seriously impressed with them, very unobtrusive and I find the above the knee length means they don't caught up.

z1ppy

Better mudguard & altura attack 3/4's get my vote

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Soggy arse solutions?’ is closed to new replies.