Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Software/Website Suggestions / Solutions ? for a Club
  • redthunder
    Free Member

The archery I club I belong to cant get there head around a formal website with a forum etc.

As a softly softly approach I was wondering if there is any solutions that could do the following.

Extra Simple
    On login password given to all members each year.
    Sort of private notice board/forum behind the password.

All I want to do at the moment is to promote coming workdays, a few pictures and say a classifieds.

Any thoughts.

warton
    Free Member

drupal or zoomla.

should be able to get some very simple modules that will do that, no modification needed.

redthunder
    Free Member

Just looked at Zoomla and new users need a Zoomla account. Sadly to complicated 🙁

Perhaps a password protected page or sub directory is the answer.

allthegear
    Free Member

It might be worth taking a step back and working out what problem it is you are trying to solve. It’s not easy to do, I admit.

What are you wanting to achieve? More publicity for the club? Better communications within it? What do you know about the members of the club and their preferred ways of communicating? Is a website really the best solution to those questions?

Rachel

unsponsored
    Free Member

wordpress

crikey
    Free Member

Surely the answer involves messages tied around the shaft of arrows and fired into their respective front doors?

If not, I respectfully suggest you’re doing it wrong.

mogrim

It might be worth taking a step back and working out what problem it is you are trying to solve. It’s not easy to do, I admit.

What are you wanting to achieve? More publicity for the club? Better communications within it? What do you know about the members of the club and their preferred ways of communicating? Is a website really the best solution to those questions?

This!

If all you’re looking for is telling members when practice is, just use a blog. WordPress, Blogger, etc. – they’ll all do what you need, and more besides. If it’s members only, just use email.

redthunder
    Free Member

“Better communications within it?”

thepurist

Check out groupspaces and clubbz – both are sort of along the lines you’re looking for without the daddy faff (dyac!) of customising WordPress etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Software/Website Suggestions / Solutions ? for a Club’ is closed to new replies.