Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • softwaregeeks.co.uk – legit?
  • nickdavies

Legit but OEM.

deadkenny
    Free Member

OEM edition. Under MS terms it can only be provided with a system and not sold direct to end user just as a key. It’s also possible it’s a less than legitimate key taken from MSDN, Technet etc and the key might become invalid within a few months.

Though plenty of legitimate places have sold OEM editions (with CD) by using a loophole that require you to buy some cheap kit like a mouse.

However looking at that site I wouldn’t trust it to provide a genuine key.

Still, they claim:

“Are your items genuine?
    Yes. We only sell genuine products. We are a UK LTD company (company no: 10599124) – and with every sale, we guarantee authenticity.”

Only been incorporated this year. Which is odd as references to the site come up going back a few years.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2833314/buying-windows-ultimate-key.html

https://forums.hexus.net/software/350009-softwaregeeks-too-good-true.html

[Help] Is Buying an OEM Windows 10 Copy Safe/Legit? from Windows10

Interestingly the registered address also houses about 10,000 other companies!

You can register your company there for £39 also. https://www.rapidformations.co.uk/additional-services/london-registered-office/

Ideal for scam sites 😉

At the very least if legit-ish, being OEM edition it will get tied to the first piece of hardware it’s installed on, so won’t be transferrable and can also be an issue if you change a major piece of hardware (motherboard for example).

hammyuk
    Free Member

Used them a number of times over the years for Ms software
    All still working fine – just ridiculously cheaper than anyone else

Cougar

Why on earth are you buying Windows 10 when it’s free for all practical purposes?

skids
    Free Member

It’s not legit, they are selling windows “keys”, which you can get for nothing

mikeyd
    Free Member

Where from Cougar?

anjs
    Free Member

Assistive technology

scotroutes

Isn’t using the Assistive Technologies link a bit like parking in a “disabled” bay?

zilog6128

It’s fine, I’m only going to be 5 minutes, besides what **** business is it of yours?!

Cougar
    Cougar

Isn’t using the Assistive Technologies link a bit like parking in a “disabled” bay?

Parking in a disabled bay prevents those with a genuine need from being able to use it.

So, no.

mikeyd
    Free Member

Thanks.

I’ll review my ethics policy.

What if I don’t have win 7 or 8 to upgrade from?

The laptop I want it for is currently running Vista!

hedley
    Free Member

We use them all the time. Sometimes have to phone the automated MS line and provided the what seems like a 64 million character code to authenticate it but have never had an issue yet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘softwaregeeks.co.uk – legit?’ is closed to new replies.