Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Soft/Flexy Carbon Bars
  • Kahurangi

Is there anything out there as an alternative to the On-One Knuckleball chewy?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBOOKNUCK/on-one-knuckleball-carbon-handlebar

Why? I got one for the Mrs a while back in an effort to help with her carpal tunnel syndrome.

otsdr
    Free Member

Easton EC90SLs feel like a noodle* (the flat ones, at least).

* only in static tests and when climbing / purposefully pulling on the ends; they’re pretty normal otherwise.

Northwind

Crank Bros Cobalt 11 is comically flexy. I was having real hand issues on the fatbike (I think mostly because of lots of bouncing, no suspension, and being able to ride it so much faster than a normal rigid), grips didn’t help but the cobalts totally fixed it- like, I’d be uncomfortable after a minute’s descent before, and wrecked after a couple of hours, with the cobalts I was totally comfortable riding a 7 hour endurance xc race, not even a twinge.

Also weighs nowt and is 780mm wide, that’s nonsense really 😆 I don’t think I could live with it on a normal bike but I don’t think I’d put anything else on a rigid now.

br
    Free Member

I’ve a chewy on my HT, really like them – and if they were wider I’d have a pair on my FS

kaiser
    Free Member

JT ..did the missus not find them comfortable …why are you looking for an alternative out of interest ?. I improved comfort on my rigid by using 25.4 carbon bars ( less stiff ) and ergon grips . I would like to try some chewys though as comfort is more important to me than peformance.

Kahurangi

Only looking for more as she put some more gouges in to them at the Ard Rock and I thought it’s time to replace them!

The knuckleball bars are £50 at OO, I’m sure I paid much less than that last time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Soft/Flexy Carbon Bars’ is closed to new replies.