Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Soft Rockshox Tora 302s
  • Gordy
    Free Member

My forks have gone hell of a soft. If I just pull the front brake a bit when I'm rolling the whole front of the bike dips now.

I opened the left leg and there was a lot of water between the preload adjuster cap and the plug that sits on top of the spring. It doesn't seem to be any different now that's gone though. No sign of any oil leaks.

I've had bother with them before with the lockout working some days and not others. Are they just rubbish forks?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

air or coil? if coil you have eaten too many pies/compression damper needs a service

if air – pump em up

bunnerscj
    Free Member

they are crap

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

If it's an air version, you might have lost air and just need to put more in. Could be a problem with the compression damping whatsit. 302 has a simple unit with lockout and a fixed compression damping setting when not locked out. Does the lockout still work?

Normally they're tough and reliable and run for years without servicing, but if you've never had them serviced perhaps now is the time.

Gordy
    Free Member

Coil, yeah. I'll see if I can find a servicing manual online.

Cheers.

dmiller
    Free Member

If you find a good one can you link here? My coil ones need a bit of love now after two years of zero maintenance…

Gordy
    Free Member
    c9tln
    Free Member

toras have a big problem with the rebound assembly,i used to have some and had to send them back to manufacturers to get a new one one fitted free of charge,or your local bike shop would be able to source the part required for you.With that problem they were really soft and had no lockout,also there was oil leaking out of the lower leg.

Gordy
    Free Member

Well, the laddie in the shop conceeds that they're soft but says there's no fault and I just need a stiffer spring. Pointing out that they were fine until recently led to a bit of umming and ahhing so they said they'll take a look at them and let me know. I don't suppose the warranty's going to cover it unless they admit there's a fault in the first place though. Nor is there any point in paying those guys to service them anyway to fix a fault they don't think exists.

Hmmmmm :O/

retro83
    Free Member

coil broken maybe? seems unlikely though

woody2000

Gordy – I've got some as new 318s for sale if you're interested:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-rs-tora-318-solo-airs

Gordy
    Free Member

No thanks, mate. I'll see if I can get these ones fixed first.

james
    Free Member

One of the coils hasn't snapped has it? Not quite sure how it would affect it exaclty, but just something to rule out

Gordy
    Free Member

I'll have to wait and find out. The shop's supposed to look at it today.

Gordy
    Free Member

Hmmm – well they're sticking with their original position that there's nothing wrong with them which leaves me a bit stumped.

I don't like 'em as they are so I suppose I'd better buy those 318s after all or get the x-firm spring for my 302s.

Gordy
    Free Member

Noticed that the preload was wound down hellish tight when I picked them back up from the shop and they've only broken a plastic it inside so it just spins and spins now.

Took them back to Edinurgh Bike Co-op again today and they're trying to charge me for the part!

"You must've forced it too tight, mate."

Buggers. Trying to push it through as a warranty issue at the moment to avoid the whole you-broke-it-no-we-didn't situation.

Gordy
    Free Member

Err, just been nattering at work about it and my colleague says that's par for the course. If they broke the preload adjuster while having a look at it then I *should* pay for the parts according to him.

I could bring myself to agree if it had just broken through weakness but in this case it was "forced" apparently. If it broke without being forced then surely I still win under warranty, right?

Or a meringue?

Gordy
    Free Member

* tumbleweed rolls by *

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

They broke your forks? Buggers!

I'd threaten to slag them off on here.

Gordy
    Free Member

LOL – I'm not sure that'll help. Besides, they haven't yet called to tell me what they plan to do about it so it'd be a bit premature.

Gordy
    Free Member

Well, three cheers for Embra Bike Coop. They're footing the bill "as a goodwill gesture". So they should be, right enough, but credit where it's due.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Soft Rockshox Tora 302s’ is closed to new replies.