Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sofology – pricing
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Got dragged out bank hol sofa shopping today. Ordered what we wanted and even paid out for the care package. I “think” I made a good case for a discount but was knocked back. A near-identical product next door in DFS was £500 more but with a £500 voucher that came through the door at home.

On that basis, is the “no discounts at Sofology” true, or did i not push hard enough?

aracer
    Free Member

Clearly you didn’t make a good enough case for a discount as you still bought it even when they didn’t give you one.

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re not good at negotiating, OP.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Ok, so these are opinions. Any actual experiences to back them up?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

You make the error that the people you’re dealing with actually have authority to negotiate. they’ll get a memo at the beginning of the week or day saying what discounts they are allowed to give. Shopping on a bank holiday is probably your only school-boy error. They’re probably the most busy shopping days for sofa companies. If you went this saturday, or during the week you very well may have got a discount.

I’ve never been that successful in negotiating discounts – nothing significant anyway. I think the only way to do it is to be prepared to walk away if they say no. Having said that I do tend to decide what I want and go to the place that the internet says offers the best price, so they’re already probably bottoming out the price. Sofa’s are different though.

gobuchul
    Free Member

even paid out for the care package

At this point they knew you were a mug and didn’t need to offer any discount. Sorry.

jam-bo

Ordered what we wanted and even paid out for the care package. I “think” I made a good case for a discount but was knocked back.

theresa may has a job for you…

aracer
    Free Member

Those first answers were the polite opinions. TBH it doesn’t really matter whether they will theoretically give a discount if it’s clear to them that they don’t need to in order to make the sale.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sofology – pricing’ is closed to new replies.