Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • sofabeds – your recommendations please
  • beamers

Evening all.

So, we are moving into a new house and we want to use one of the downstairs rooms as a study / home office / bedroom with a sofabed within.

The bed will be used by my parents when the come to stay so I’m looking for a large (kingsize?) comfy sofabed.

Anyone have any recommendation on where to purchase such an item?

Hohum
    Free Member

Go for a decent futon rather than a sofabed as they are far more simpler and the mechanism in the sofabed will fail at some point.

However, I guess that futons aren’t for everyone as they are quite low when laid out.

wallop

Not kingsize, but our sofabed is from Ikea – not the prettiest but guests have regularly commented on its comfort. We used it for 6 weeks solid when we were “between beds” and didn’t get sick of it. Very comfy and comes in a range of colours.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S99849193/

Futons are total backbreakers IMO. They don’t have any “bounce” so are a nightmare for some.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S69874301/
    We have this one – halfway futon halfway sofa bed, comfy enough it shipped to Oz with us. Get the best matress you can with it – I think there is still a pocket spring one.

peterich
    Free Member

spanner in the works but id say go for a proper fold out mech that has a spung bed bit as they are more comfy imo and higher off the ground

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Save your cash and buy a normal sofa, and get an inflatable double bed from somewhere like Aldi/Lidl for £40. They are much better than you might think. Ours inflates in about 5 mins from the built in pump, and goes down in a simliar time. People who have used it comment favourably and some don’t believe it is a temporary bed.

A sofa bed is a compromised sofa AND a compromised bed unless you spend a small fortune.

Hohum
    Free Member

Futons are total backbreakers IMO. They don’t have any “bounce” so are a nightmare for some.

You get what you pay for with a futon and a cheap, basic futon mattress is not going to give you a good sleep, but spend some more money and you could sleep well (if you like firmer mattresses).

beamers

Thanks all.

Most helpful as always.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘sofabeds – your recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.