Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 775 total)
  • Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.
  • Klunk
    Free Member
    senorj

I’ll have a pound on Jose having a sulk.

dragon
    Free Member

middlesbro, millwall, lincoln and man united, gets you around 15,000/1. worth a quid of anyones money surely……

Hardly, waste of a quid. Arsenal were never going to lose to Lincoln, and also Spurs at home to Millwall was always a nailed on home win.

Klunk
    Free Member

ever get the feeling you’ve been had ?

£32m v £90m

binners

Kante was the best player in the premiership last season IMHO, and an absolute bargain for Chelski. Will this be the first time a player has won two consecutive titles with different clubs? I can’t think of anyone else.

I was amazed it was only one nil last night. Chelsea are on a different level to everyone else this season, much as it pains me to say it. That present midfield is virtually unplayable

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Some player, and only looks about 12.

muggomagic

Didn’t Cantona win it with Leeds then Man U then season after?

dragon
    Free Member

That present midfield is virtually unplayable

I’m not sure that’s true. Sure Hazard and Kante are top class, but the wide midfielders aren’t all that. Even last night Man U had some success before they stupidly got a man sent off.

Will this be the first time a player has won two consecutive titles with different clubs?

Eric Cantona did it. And really oddly Mark Schwarzer was at Chelesa then Leciester as they won the tile, but didn’t get a medal at either due to not playing enough games. He did get replica from Chelsea.

Klunk
    Free Member

I was amazed it was only one nil last night.

Rojo did a good job taking Costas mind off scoring goals and kicking lumps out of Hazard worked for 35 mins! That and having the sharpest goalie in the world.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yeah Chelsea’s midfield is pretty damn good. Although best in world football is prob Bayern or PSG I reckon.

Not for the first time, stay classy Jose.

binners

Well played Leicester! Champions League quarter finals. Amazing achievement! Thoroughly deserved too! How far can they go?

ads678

Amazing, can’t see us going any further, but that’s what people keep saying…….

jambalaya
    Free Member

That’s fantastic (still gutted Raneiri isn’t at the helm). I hope they get Barca, what a dream.

Klunk
    Free Member

Atletico Madrid v Leicester City
    Juventus v Barcelona
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
    Borussia Dortmund v Monaco

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

2 & 3 knocks out 2 of the big guns.

I’d love to see Atletico destroy Leicester and go on to take the title…at the expense of Real or Barca. Other than that, Dortmund would be a nice result too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

nice draw to keep some “little” teams in it

Bayer v real is the pick of them though

Still dont think Barca should be there after the non penalty etc but the result is the stuff of legends

MSP

Monaco have got the firepower to damage anyone on their day, I was surprised quite how good they were mainly youngsters as well. Can see them getting asset stripped over the summer though, they only get 9000 average crowd.

jambalaya
    Free Member

COYS 🙂

Only 7 points back, Chelski in meltdown as the only player to be less popular than Drogba with opposong fans seeks a transfer ooop North 😉

All wonderfully setup for a less than steller finish 😳

Nothing funnier than the EX-Special-One having a sense of humour crises over a 0-0 with the giants of Bromwich-Ablion’s West most chapter

binners

West ham have just released a statement giving Bilic the dreaded ‘full confidence of the board’. I wonder who they’ve got lined up then?

Looking forward to City Arsenal later. With Spurs and Liverpool winning, and Chelski losing, this makes the run in a bit more interesting

We’ve no chance of top four now, with yet another home draw in games we should be winning. Jose post math interview was comedy gold though

martinhutch

Well that’s not going to improve the mood at the Etihad.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Jose interviews are starting to annoy now!! Would love one interviewer to ask the opening question and when the obtuse confrontational answer comes back, which it always does now, just walk away telling him to f off and leave him looking at the camera!!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I do think the interviewer was trolling him to be fair! West Brom parked the bus and Utd and neither the wit or quality to break them down.

Funny how one dodgy result can change the whole mood! Chelsea should still walk it but their next few games are much tougher than Spurs, got City at home on Wed and also away to Utd and Everton before the end of the season.

binners

COME ON LEICESTER!!! 😀

MSP

Looks like the league isn’t over yet, Chelsea are rattled.

Shame there has been so many pretend injuries in the game, ref has largely ignored it all so far, but you can see how hard they are making his job.

theotherjonv

Mental game Leics vs Atletico; it’s like watching Wimbledon 1987 at times, and the Spaniards don’t quite know what to make of it.

Free kick!!

mikey3
    Free Member

Atletico must be thinking wtf is this!! proper defenders Atletico though,made some vital blocks.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Real getting their usual ref favours. C’mon Bayern!

Caher

Well Real made it through again, i thought Bayern were better than that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Firstly, COYS 🙂

Secondly well done to Leicester, 2-1 down to Atletico in the CL QF is very well done.

binners

Who do you fancy for this one then? I think Spurs could just edge this on present form

I’m hoping for a re-run of last years grudge match where they all kicked lumps out of each other for 90 minutes! 😀

mikey3
    Free Member

Great game for the neutral so far,what a goal from kane,to stoop down and leave it bounce off the top of your head and right into the far corner,lots more goals hopefully.

martinhutch

Now that’s a goal!

Great game. Hope Costa doesn’t come on and spoil it!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

This is fabulous

binners

What a strike from Matic!!!

Absolutely belting match this!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Well done Spurs… in what must have been a difficult few days at the club.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

7 semi final defeats in a row. Spursey

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

up the Arse! 3rd final in four years. Hope Wenger wins it then retires.

also, what a classico . Brilliant game at the Bernabeu

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Thought the thread might be a bit livelier given the end of the season is imminent.

So….thoughts on the Manchester derby tonight? I’ll go draw. But what’s with Mourinho’s constant criticism of his players (Jones and Smalling this time, for being injured). Lucky late win for Arsenal last night to ignite their charge for fourth – wouldn’t be surprised if they make it as I think Liverpool will blow the top 4. All their remaining games are against mid or lower league table teams, which they seem to struggle with, and their bench in recent games has been threadbare.

zippykona

Stuff the top . Who is going down?
    The real euphoria is avoiding the drop on the last day of the season.

MSP

But what’s with Mourinho’s constant criticism of his players

It is what he does, he has lost the dressing room at his last 2 teams for that reason. It is the treat em mean keep em keen school of Victorian mill ownership managment, it might get a short term effect the first time you do it, but after a while the team stops trusting their manager to have their backs.

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.’ is closed to new replies.