Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • So you get home from work to find….
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

.. a 32″ Samsung flat screen tv and dvd player, wrapped in a sheet and semi concealed by your back door.

What do you do with it?

geoffj

Post a thinly veiled advert for it in the chat section of STW?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Whatever your conscience tells you to.

carbon337
    Free Member

bring it in doors so it doesnt get wet…. If it goes back outside ever thats up to you – I wouldnt 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Phone the police and return it to it’s rightful owners, after it’s been fingerprinted. What would you do if it was someones bike?

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Post a thinly veiled advert for it in the chat section of STW?

😆

The feds have just been to pick it up. Do I get it back if no-one claims it?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

TBH I would call the plod. How did it get there? Did the (un)rightful ‘owners’ leave it there expecting to collect it later? What would they do if they see it in your house?

iDave
    Free Member

wrapped in a sheet and semi concealed

sounds like parcelforce have raised their game then?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Did the (un)rightful ‘owners’ leave it there expecting to collect it later? What would they do if they see it in your house?

That would be my guess. We were broken in to almost exactly a year ago – we live in a student area so this time of year there are houses full of new laptops and tellys. I don’t fancy them coming in again and getting away with another bike while retrieving ‘their’ tv.

I Renewed the house insurance in a fit of paranoia last night!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

You get it back if no-one claims it after 28 days.

Jamie
    Free Member

I would leave a note asking for a 42″ and a Blu-Ray player instead.

finbar
    Free Member

You get it back if no-one claims it after 28 days.

I handed a digital camera i found into Charing Cross police station once. When i asked if i could keep it if no-one claimed it, they said no.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Finbar – that’s strange. Rules are 28 days, or so I was told when I handed a bike in. Maybe the paperwork was too much for a camera, but worth it for £1k bike. Owner did claim the bike back by the way.

ChrisHeath

Maybe the paperwork was too much for a camera, but worth it for £1k bike.

Or maybe somebody at Charing Cross Police Station needed a new camera…

finbar
    Free Member

Or maybe somebody at Charing Cross Police Station needed a new camera…

That’s what i thought at the time, but i wasn’t going to argue. Swines.

Pook

I’ll look after it for you sammy boy. Is it HD?

whytetrash

I’d keep a set of bombers under the bed for a few nights too…just incase they come to retrieve them 😆

wrapped in a sheet and semi concealed

sounds like parcelforce have raised their game then?

This one had me chuckling fella!

z1ppy

I handed a digital camera i found into Charing Cross police station once. When i asked if i could keep it if no-one claimed it, they said no

IIRC some-one said before now, this is like a mobile phoine, it may include personal information (in the picture on the camera), so can’t be ‘given’ to the person who found it due to privacy laws? (might be utter rubbish)

finbar
    Free Member

Hmm. I should have checked for saucy pics before i handed it in really 😆

uplink
    Free Member

I handed a digital camera i found into Charing Cross police station once. When i asked if i could keep it if no-one claimed it, they said no

generally speaking, the finder should be able to get anything back that is unclaimed for 2 months, they need to hang on to it for a year though as the original owner can still claim it back

I reckon the copper wanted it for himself 🙂
    If the police are the finders, it’ll usually end up in an auction

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘So you get home from work to find….’ is closed to new replies.