Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • So….. Why don't I bruise then?
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

Not worried about it but it’s starting to seem rather odd.
    Took a little plummet off the side of a trail in Ibiza earlier this week (not looking where I should have been incedentally) I fell the bike followed and I kindly cushioned it’s landing with one of the spd pedals in my side.
    I’ve bruised or cracked a rib or two and the rest of my side feels somewhat bruised to day the least, but there’s no sign of even the lightest of bruising. In fact you wouldn’t believe it had happened other than my constant whinging giving it away every time I cough, sneeze etc.
    It’s got me thinking though – I can’t remember ever actually bruising.
    Just interested to know if anyone has the answer or is like this themselves?

Of course if nobody on here knows then I’m either superhuman or already dead. I’ll go with the first in that instance.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Dunno, but I don’t seem to bruise either

brakes
    Free Member

I don’t bruise either, used to as a kid, but now all I get is a slight bit of yellowing about a week after the impact.

ahwiles
    Free Member

the damage is internal.

you’re going to die.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Too much fat.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Nice to know it’s not just me then.

Ernie – that’s not it , not in my case anyhow. I’m a lot of things but fat ain’t one of them. If anything I could probably do with a few more calories!

Smuzzy
    Free Member

I generally do bruise if I smack a limb, but have done my ribs in crashed a couple of times and there’s never a mark. Hurts like a bastid tho’.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

TBF Zoolander, just after I posted I remembered this :

The effect of landing on the end of your handlebars – if you’ve never seen it before.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus :0

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The effect of landing on the end of your handlebars – if you’ve never seen it before.

Could have been worse…

Not mine, thankfully; but it’s the reason why I cringe when I see a lack of bar-ends, especially on a kid’s bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘So….. Why don't I bruise then?’ is closed to new replies.