Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • So, whose going to admit to wearing longs this weekend then eh?
  • umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Covered knees below 15 degrees

I_did_dab
    Free Member

If it’s good enough for Wiggo in the TdB, it’s OK for me in the damp and windy North Pennines. I like to be warm, and there’s nothing big or clever about being cold…

jmenorton
    Free Member

Whats wrong with longs? or are F’d up knees a better alternative?

MSP

Whenever theirs a pedal thread, I am surprised by the number of people claiming to have knackered knees. Maybe there is a correlation.

Northwind

MSP – Member

Whenever theirs a pedal thread, I am surprised by the number of people claiming to have knackered knees. Maybe there is a correlation.

Cold weather did not cause me to drop a motorbike on my leg :mrgreen:

ashfanman
    Free Member

I ride in shorts year-round, but after yesterday’s ride I think I’m going to have to start wearing more than a t-shirt on top. Was a bit nippy.

bonesetter
    Free Member

All these posts of tights/thermals and over shoes is very distressing, it would appear STW members (or most of mtb’ing) has turned to mush

oldgit holds cred though

oldgit – Member

Leave the house feeling a bit cool, should be warm after 15 minutes of solid riding

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’d rather have warm knees. Baggies & knee pads yesterday for the (early doors, sub zero) MTB ride. Bib longs today in the cold drizzle before dawn on the road. I’m happy with that.

righog
    Free Member

I find that longs ( Endura singletrack type) really play a role in getting me on my bike more in the really bad weather. More for the way they handle the water and mud, and stop it rolling down your legs turning water proof boots into bags of freezing water.

fathomer

3/4’s for me today, was a balmy 10°C at Cannock today. Don’t think it’ll be long till the long’s make an appearance though!

Underhill
    Free Member

Was glad of my longs on Friday when it started snowing. Still not cold enough for winter gloves yet though

TiRed

Been in bib 3/4’s since August. The Sidi road boots have been out, but I have switched back to Gore Windstoppers. The 3/4 live under some Humvees when off road, with long Sealskinz.

Being cold is not the way I like to suffer. Killing myself by hammering is a far more effective method.

Still not wearing winter gloves yet though 😆

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Bibshorts and knee warmers, longsleeve base and jersey for racing today. Oh, and wooly gloves 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘So, whose going to admit to wearing longs this weekend then eh?’ is closed to new replies.