Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • So who's racing DH this coming year?
  • cookeaa

2nd nipper is iminent so as you would expect I’ve been busy browsing dates and planning to do at least 1 DH event a month from March to September as a bit of an incentive to keep riding (all local races and all in the South/Southern Wales).

July looks to be a bit of a dry month at the minute but I seem to have assemble a draft calander to run past “er indoors” (might wait till the sprog is popped out)…

Anyone else do this sort of pre-season planning?

cookeaa

Nobody?

kaesae
    Free Member

hey!

I’m hoping to do some next year, once I’m fit enough.

Have a nice bike just now and I’m studying and practicing the techniques.

What kind of bike do you have?

flange
    Free Member

Yep, well mainly Enduro’s but hopefully some proper DH races as well.

Also in for the Mega which should be fun (and its in July if you need something to fill the diary!)

zangolin
    Free Member

Yep – just some low key ones: The Mini DHs and maybe some of the Welsh MIJ ones.

kaesae
    Free Member

What’s it like when you go, are there showers and other stuff after the races.

Or is it pretty much you have what you take?

kudos100
    Free Member

As long as I’m fit and strong, I’ll do a couple of races at some point this year. There is a local race at Rogate next weekend. I’m not racing, but know quite a few who are so will be going along to cheer.

charliedontsurf

Yep….

Mac-valanche on the pugsley.

and clunker classic on a 1930’s postie bike.

Real DH with not a privot in sight (but the postie bike has a sprung saddle)

Clunker Classic, ladies bike dancing with vince.

kimbers

might try and get to some of the aston races

1. Spring Race: Black Run – 25th March
    2. Summer Race: DH4 – 20th May (date TBC)
    3. Autumn Race: 423 – 9th September

Northwind

I’ll do a couple but probably not any of the big names… Too much money, too much time spent standing in queues and muddy car parks, to place in the bottom third 😉 Might do the IXS at Innerleithen though, that looked a great event last time.

But will definately be doing the no fuss endurance dh again, because it’s fantastic. And maybe some other one-day events.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The whole Mini DH series, one down and 2 to go so far. I’m also going to be at all the Gravity Enduros too.

100mphplus
    Free Member

It’ll be my 18th year racing DH and I’m planning a big one;-
    Some SDA races
    Some BDS races
    Some Borderline races
    UK Gravity Enduro Series
    National Champs
    European Masters Champs
    World Masters Champs
    and hopefully Crankworx 😀

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Im on for the mini dh this weekend, struggling to find something for feb but come march its plain sailing. Nwmtb @ the farm, mij’s at taff.. Maybe the fort bill and maybe a wdmba or two :]

chvck
    Free Member

Maybe some of the miniDH stuff and stuff over aston when I move down that way

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Nice one 100mph.. Thats some calendar!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m planning on being a bit picky this season, so some nationals, WDMBA’s, MIJ’s & Pearce rounds.

Hopefully the last 3 of the Gravity Enduro’s too. Back off out to France for the Mega to try & crack into the top 10 in qualifying this time round.

legend
    Free Member

Most SDAs for me, maybe one or two others and then some Enduros as well*

*assuming I enjoy this coming weekend!

steveh

I’ll be doing quite a few as usual.
    All the Pearce series (best in the uk by far in my opinion).
    Some BDS rounds
    National champs
    Mini DH at fod x 3
    Some Borderline races
    Some farmer johns
    Maybe the 423 at Aston too

Really looking forward to the season starting again!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I was pretty chuffed to see Hamsterley had come up with their own little series for this year (Double Down – looks like a good format) But unluckily I’m away at work for all three rounds.

cookeaa

Kaesae – No chance of me training specifically I’m just doing some of the more local races I think, Not raced for a couple of years and I’ve missed it, Racing for fun

100MPH that sound like a good 2012 a fair bit grander than my plans

my very provisional (and mostly local) calendar at the minute:

March 18th – Mr Blings winter round #5- Penshurst (Only a maybe, I used to like racing at PORC and remember Mr bling very fondly)
    March 25th Aston Hill #1
    April 28/29 – WDMBA #1 – Rheola
    May 20 – Aston Hill #2
    Jun 16/17 – WDMBA #2 – Mountain Ash
    July – ??? – Just go for a couple of rides/uplift instead maybe?
    August 5 – Fetish Bike Gravity Enduro Series #4, Eastridge?
    Clash! – W/E Sept 8/9 – Aston Hill #3 or WDMBA #3 @ Gethin (Gethin is a longer more Rocky course, Aston Hill is not so far to travel but less Gnarr and obviously a shorter course could be a less tiring day overall than a trip to wales would be, by this point I’ll have done both series up to round 3, need to decide I think)…

I wouldn’t mind doing some UKBP races as my Mum and Dad are in Dorset and I like the venue but they don’t appear to have any firm dates yet and seem like they’ve been a bit flakey of late it seems, might just book on an uplift at some point….

All of this depends on how we’re coping with 2 kids, but I’d like to think the odd weekend racing can be accommodated…

kaesae
    Free Member

Yeah! I’m sure if you want to go you’ll figure something out 😉

Who’s riding what bike and is it a custom build, have you done any mods?

gazc
    Free Member

no plans except macavalanche and the locals races at wooler if they let me in. not really had a look at dates yet. fancy some SDA’s and any races at hamsterley

davecm
    Free Member

Shall probably do some races this year. Skill level has improved massively on last year so keen to see if I can put this into race runs.

Fitness is a major issue though. Did a few last year and thanks to lazy riding I struggled to get down without needing to have a rest half way down. Anyone that thinks DH racers are lazy are seriously misguided 😆

Brycey
    Free Member

It’s a right bugger how close the Endurance DH is to the Mega every year.

kaesae
    Free Member

I have hardly done any riding over the past few years. I went to fort willing on my first DH outing with my sunday and had a go at the black run after doing the red twice, it was longer than I would have liked and a bit bumpy!

chiefP
    Free Member

]My small list for 2012

The Winter Series Rnd3 – Feb
    Caersws Cup Rnd1 – March
    Pearce Rnd 1 – March
    Pearce Rnd2 – April
    Gravity Enduro – April

Goes a bit quiet during the summer

Crankworx Air DH – Hopefully

Winter

Pearce Rnd5 – Sep (possibly)
    Caersws Cup Rnd 3 – October

Weapon of choice

scottfitz
    Free Member

Rogate downhill race 5th Feb. Gravity project 5 race series. All in the south. Come along to Hampshire and have a go. All on roots and rain, British cycling site.

cookeaa

Feb’ is out for races, Brand new baby should be here any day and the Missus would repeatedly punch me in the knackers if i dissappeared off for a day on the bike…

One of the locals I ride with now and then has mentioned the Gravity project, said it was a good venue, well run I couldn’t find much on it before, I might take another look cheers…

scottfitz
    Free Member

One of the locals I ride with now and then has mentioned the Gravity project, said it was a good venue, well run I couldn’t find much on it before, I might take another look cheers…

Here vid of the race at Gravity project

[video]http://vimeo.com/32878515[/video]

Results of the last race.
    http://www.mikrotime.com/mtb/grav2011/grav1101.html

scottfitz
    Free Member

And the pump track there to is ACE!!!

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/238781/

scottfitz
    Free Member

More info on the Rogate race, there at only 16 spaces left online so sign up quick. I think there are 40 ish spaces on the day but is first come first served.

http://www.facebook.com/events/303085339735182/?ref=nf

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘So who's racing DH this coming year?’ is closed to new replies.