Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • so who still loves mountain biking here then?
  • racefaceec90

after reading all the road threads,just wanted to see how many of you still love the dirt (all cycling is good in my opinion though/even road cycling 😉 there is no doubt that mountain biking is closest to my heart (especially the rides that i have been doing with members from setting a scene mtb forum) i’ve just had too many great experiences to ever give it up. i must admit though to lusting after a boardman team carbon road bike though 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

no not at the moment but im not loving any pedal bikes really. ive a ti road, a ss and a fixed cx, an ss 29er a long travel hardtail and a 5spot oh and a unicycle and im seriously considering flogging the lot and getting a motorbike , i just cant be ar5ed with it anymore ;-( maybe it will come back who knows

binners

I is lovin’ it!, lovin’ it!, lovin’ it!

Despite still being sluggish and slow and fat, the fitness will gradually come back as the weather improves. Absolutely itching to spend the summer on dry dusty trails. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ride on the road? Instead of off-road? Through choice? I’d rather remove my own kidneys with a teaspoon, I’m afraid 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

I do, I’m just not fit enough to go fast enough to enjoy it anymore.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yup love it, still makes me laugh like a kid, one of the few things that does.

kimbers

me me me me

1 week in to my potential 12 week lay up with a broken heal and im desperate to get out in the filth; what i wouldnt give for a rocky, rooty, drop off laden bit of trail right now!

racefaceec90

sorry to hear that firestarter. i hope that you get your motivation back.if it’s any consolation have just started riding my bike semi/regularly (suffer with depression).have had long periods of not riding,can totally relate with your predicament mate.if possible don’t sell all your bikes,am convinced you’ll want to ride again at some point.good luck mate 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

I love it long time. Especially now the trails are getting less hideous and there are so many summer events to look forward too.

bellerophon
    Free Member

I’m still loving it… in fact me a riding buddy have made a real effort this year so far, with weekly night rides and a saturday morning ride every two weeks.

I’m just about to build up my Prince Albert frame that arrived today, so loving it even more.

stumpy01

I love it, just never find the time to actually get out there.

Did a day in the Peaks on Saturday and it was great – the weather cleared up, we were riding a new route, it was technical enough to be testing, without too hard that we had to keep walking sections……..and there was a tea shop at the end.

BUT, I do way more miles on the road now to keep my fitness up. I find it boring though – 20 miles is OK, but by 30 miles I am pretty bored & just wanna get home.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I still love it and have no desire to get a road bike

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Me. The masochist in me enjoys road riding, but I’ve never had the same level of sheer exultation that I get from going flat out down a run of technical singletrack in a stunning location, that I can get on an mtb.

pastcaring
    Free Member

me! i’ve been riding mountain bikes 20 years this year!

off to see a old mate in manchester this weekend.
    riding, cider and good food. 😀 😀 😀

yunki
    Free Member

me.. I love it.. wholeheartedly

not even an inkling of a desire to ride road..
    If I really felt the need to risk my life doing something mind numbingly boring.. I think I would choose sharing needles over road riding..

monksie
    Free Member

Me. I’ve been riding on road more than off by a wide margin of late but I did a huge Peak District ride on Saturday and I enjoyed it so much I managed a 90 minute leg loosener off road around Roman Lakes on Sunday.
    I’m on long term stay way from work at and my fitness has rocketed. I love my mountain bike the most at the moment.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Absolutely love it.

thepurist

Love the dirt, love the dust even more, hate the road. My mind just doesn’t seem to go to the same place when I’m riding on a road as it does when I’m off road.

stevious

Me.

Road biking’s fun and all (especially on quiet highland roads) but MTB gives you so much more.

Having easily accessed local trails does help somewhat.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Having said I’m still loving it, that isn’t stopping me getting a road bike later in the year 🙂 . Mainly for getting the miles in over the winter…I don’t fancy riding the same sort of miles I did this winter off-road again. Filthy.

DaveRambo

me.

Wet, dry, cold, hot, muddy whatever – it’s all good.

Bunnyhop

Love the bike, the trails, riding with my friends (nice seeing you yesterday monksie), the banter, the teashops, the wildlife, the countryside, the scary bits, the laughter etc.
    Not the falling off though.

nickf
    Free Member

Still love it, unlike most of my (former) club, who, despite the MTB club name seem to be doing more road/duathalon stuff. Good luck to them, just doesn’t appeal to me.

Yesterday morning’s ride was just great. Sun, breeze, decent mix of tough climbs and fun descents. I’ve been riding off-road for almost four decades now (started when I was about nine, I think) and I’ve got no intention of stopping now.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Yes sure do, I can’t see the appeal of riding on roads at all.

Sure I ride on roads to get to off road trails but that is a means to an end, and I avoid them as much as possible 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m doing a lot more road miles than MTB miles at the moment however the increase in fitness has helped me enjoy mountain biking more.

Mountain biking is still my preferred form of cycling, however the increased fitness has also meant that I’m enjoying long meandering road/track rides on the Roadrat a lot as well.

aP
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    me me me me

1 week in to my potential 12 week lay up with a broken heal and im desperate to get out in the filth; what i wouldnt give for a rocky, rooty, drop off laden bit of trail right now!

You’ll have to come “off-roading” at the Brewery Tap one night instead then…

molgrips
    Free Member

Me. Even though it’s been a big part of my life for so long. It’s like eating or something..

When I’m doing it it feels normal, it’s when I’m NOT doing it that something feels wrong.

As for road biking – it’s ok but so mucb more boring. Only doing it for fitness reasons now.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

best.thing.ever

MrSparkle

I am really enjoying it at the moment. I’m getting out at least twice a week and I’ve been riding quite a bit with my 17 yr old son in preparation for us going to SSEC in Belgium at the end of the month. My fitness is coming along nicely and have a new bike build project on the go too. What can I say, it’s all good!

s4rpf
    Free Member

Loving it even after coming off my bike this weekend and bruising up my stomach and ribs. still loving it though I am looking at a road bike for the winter 🙁

rondo101
    Free Member

yep yep yep. just about to head out for what is likely to be one of the last night rides for a while.

spacemonkey

Yep, still lovin’ it. The same goes for road miles (for extra fitness).

Last year I think I drove to the trails about twice (out of about 100 rides) – all the others I did straight from the lair. Started this year doing the same, but decided last week that I’ve had enough of the immediately local stuff coupled with heading home along the same road sections, so I’m now using the car more. Tis all miles n smiles.

monksie
    Free Member

You too J. It was a nice surprise.

jonnyv
    Free Member

Not me,i swear at hills now…quite aggresively sometimes.

epicyclo

Me. It’s been a brilliant winter. Out at least twice a week, and sometimes daily. Had the trails mainly to myself.

Not so much fun now everything is drying up.

tazzymtb

it’s been the only thing that keeps me sane, riding with some ace folks and and just getting back to lovely scenery, sweet trails and seeing very few other riders/walkers/horsey bods.

Got new bike syndrome as well so keep wanting to just “nip out for a quick spin” 😀

senorj

I do.
    It’s my medication.

IainGillam
    Free Member

Nope! The road bike isn’t getting too much use at the moment either. Track bike is being used a lot though, super fun.

Iain

philconsequence
    Free Member

i love it, love messing around in the woods with my friends, love that feeling like a kid again is making me healthier physically and mentally!

MrOvershoot

TBH I love them all MTB or road if I’m out on my bike I’m free 😀

brakes
    Free Member

it’s my favourite thing

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘so who still loves mountain biking here then?’ is closed to new replies.