Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • So who makes
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

A nice simple,stiff, strong, short travel, single pivot frame.

I will be getting a charge for the short term but need to replace my frame with something by the Summer.

Obvious choice is the Orange 5 all suggestions welcome.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I think you've answered your own question there 😀

Jerome
    Free Member

Santa cruz superlight..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Morewood

joolsburger
    Free Member

Superlight would be great but I am not "superlight" material.

They used to have a weight limit which I am waaaaaaaay over.

ianpinder
    Free Member

nicolai

joolsburger
    Free Member

I really like that Morewood Ndiza lovely bit of kit and looks strong enough.

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Orange 5 definitely 😀

joolsburger
    Free Member

I've just been reading up on a Morewood Shova and it looks the bike for me.

I do like the Orange but the Morewood is well worth considering.

andylux
    Free Member

I've just taken delivery of my new Morewood Shova frame size L in Blue. Building it up between Xmas & New Year. Can't wait to ride it. I love the features of this frame, continuous cable outers, front facing seat slot. I'm 15 stone and wanted a good allrounder for trail centre / peaks type riding with the occasional Polaris challenge thrown in.

I really like the look of the Morewoods, the square section down tubes and CNC'd swingarm plates. I originally wanted an Orange 5 but was between the 18" & 20" frames, I really didn't want the 20" as the Head tube is so much longer and my pikes wouldn't fit etc.

If you are near Northampton and wanna try mine in the New year get in touch.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Heckler, surely?

andylux
    Free Member

This link isnt mine but it gives you an idea, this frame is a Medium. How tall are you?? Toby at Morewoods importer Propel is really helpful.

andylux
    Free Member

Don't call me Surely!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

get the morewood if your a proper rider or get the orange 5 if you drive an audi/bmw and think you need 5 inches of travel for mincing round trail centres.

HTH

joolsburger
    Free Member

Sold I'm getting one.

I take it they come in a range of colours?

3 months to wait.. 😥

I am a big lad who breaks things so I suppose I need that Morewood.

andylux
    Free Member

Blue, White or the new colour for 2010 is a really sexy deep Red.

Have a look on the M'wood site and search on Flickr for morewood spy, who downloads phots from the factory itself.

Don't know if you know this but the metal used by morewood is mined in the same town as the bikes are machined, welded, powder coated etc.

andylux
    Free Member

I believe they'll custom paint the shova any of the colours used on other Morewood Frames for £50 I think.

allthepies
    Free Member

>get the morewood if your a proper rider or get the orange 5 if you drive an audi/bmw and think you need 5 inches of travel for mincing round trail centres.

Hmmm, well the morewood has 5.7" of travel….

andylux
    Free Member

You ain't wrong pieman.

They used to measure the travel another method which gave the shova a travel of 5.2" or 135mm. They then changed the method to the same as most other manufacturers which resulted in the 5.7" or 145mm measurement.

This is why on the M'wood w'site on the shova section both the 5.2 & 5.7" measurements are stated when no changes have physically been made to the rear susp.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Just got of the phone to the distributor and it looks like the Shova is the right bike for me now to get the required 1250 together without alerting her who must be kept in the dark..

There is no such thing as a 4 inch burly bike for XC.

Oh well.

tthew

Orange ST 4 perhaps?, thought admitedly it's not single pivot.

alfabus
    Free Member

yeti as-r 5?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Foes. FXR or FXR Extreme 2010.

Single pivot, stiff as you like 2:1 ratio shock which if the older curnutts are anything to go by will track the ground awesomely.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘So who makes’ is closed to new replies.