Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • So, who got banned?
  • 2wheels1guy
    Free Member

From Mark @ singletrack from twitter.
    Forum user broke several rules including trying to wind people up and ended up with a 3 day ban. The response we got follows….
    ‘go f… you’re self you middle aged lower middle class w….er’ –
    language moderated here. Tempted to name and shame 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wisnae me

sc-xc

*types reply*

Not me – what thread was it?

clubber
    Free Member

He did just that in a later tweet. Jenbe on the tesco thread by the looks of it.

julianwilson
    Free Member

SBZ/glupton would never mistake ‘yourself’ for ‘you’re self’ so it can’t be him… ❓

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

“lower middle class”
    WTF?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

(edit beat me to it 2wheels)

Lower middle class?

j_me
    Free Member

There was a particular stinker from “jenbe” (might not be right) this morning.
    Something about condoning a terrorist attack on a certain Royal event in London. I think she’s part of a radical splinter group of the Milk Marketing Board.

allthepies
    Free Member

Some nomark with a large chip on their shoulder by the sounds of it.

santacruzrider
    Free Member

I joined this forum this morning and was met imedietly with an horrible post from this Jenbe guy wishing terrible things on the wedding today so I reported it, I don’t mind saying.
    Wasn’t what I was expecting to see on the forums. Had my doubts whether I wanted to stick around but it was dealt with swiftly and removed.

Btw, hi everyone !

oreetmon
    Free Member

arf arf arf, somebody who speaks their mind gets banned, ooooooh.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Santacruzrider, well done, to be fair. 99% of people on here are great and the banter is cracking, but the odd eejit does crop up….

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

There is the occasional **** knocking about but such is life!
    More good eggs than bad uns.
    Welcome though.

PS.
    “a particulary unpleasant woman calked Janine aka jenbe” from Mark on twitter.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hi santacruzrider

Big forum = lots of trolls. Anything offensive is usually dealt with fairly well

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I must be too open minded as very little offends me on here, I like the extreme points of view; a vanilla forum would be boring and I wouldn’t dream of dobbing someone in, that’s what the mods are for

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ben – its reactively modded – the mods don’t read every post so they will not necessarily know of an offensive post unless alerted to it.

I have only done so a couple of times when its been overtly racist or similar.

Winding people up on the forum ?
    That’s disgraceful, no wonder she got banned.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

TJ- having not read the post I don’t know if it was offensive or not but as with TV if I don’t like it I change channels, is it a swearing ban or point of view ban; point of view bans I do not like

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t know why the ban. I do know tho that yo have to go a long way to be banned – after all I haven’t 🙂 ( apart from for a very offensive joke ages ago)

santacruzrider
    Free Member

BenHouldsworth – Member
    I must be too open minded as very little offends me on here, I like the extreme points of view; a vanilla forum would be boring and I wouldn’t dream of dobbing someone in, that’s what the mods are for

So why have a link to report a post?

I’m not new to forums, just this one and I doubt this forum is policed any differently to many others that exist. Mods are alerted by users, that’s how it goes on most forums.

I’m new here but that’s irrelevant in this case, I’d have reported it no matter where I saw it posted, besides, we’re not even 100% sure it was this post that resulted in the banning, just seems most likely.
    I may also not have been the only one to report it, I just said I didn’t mind admitting it 😕

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

What offended you?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’ve been cautioned for swearing btw

ampthill

There are presumably places on the internet with true free speech

but frankly I prefer the world with light moderation

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think the moderation here generally is not fa off right. I’d prefer it to be a bit more liberal on swearing and a bit harsher on prejudice and on people who are negative all the time but its not far off and i amnot naive enough to think I have the only vewpoint

project
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    I think the moderation here generally is not fa off right. I’d prefer it to be a bit more liberal on swearing and a bit harsher on prejudice and on people who are negative all the time but its not far off and i amnot naive enough to think I have the only vewpoint

Posted 44 seconds ago # Report-Post

Im just glad you dont get a ban for poor spelin….

Prejedice is all around us, all the time, its easy to get riod of it on a conmputer forum, much harder in real life where you are indoctrinated from an early age, at school, in church , and off your parents.

GW
    Free Member

IMO moderation used to be spot on here, it simply isn’t anymore! 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

pot kettle and black Mr Project

conmputer

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think they do a fairly good job though I have grassed on posts a number of times …including two of my own 😯

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I appreciate that moderation is part and parcel of forums but at the extreme end of things fundamentalism is born out of the oppression of free speech; there are d**ks in the world who say daft things but hiding their point of view doesn’t remove it only subvert it

project
    Free Member

Well spotted my deliberate mistake, and spelin

bullheart
    Free Member

IMO moderation used to be spot on here, it simply isn’t anymore!

I’m sure its a fairly thankless task. Although I do agree with you.

ton

i have been banned in the past.
    and when it happens it is usually deserved.

uplink
    Free Member

I replied to that post this morning from jenbe

It was pretty distasteful and disgusting but I don’t do the reporting stuff so I simply told him/her/it what I thought of them

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

JANIIIIINE!!!

I do know tho that yo have to go a long way to be banned

Oh no you don’t… 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

How can an opinion be banned? It’s absurd.

Still, **** off the site owners is probably a bad idea.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

What did she say? Bombing the carriage and having sexy time with the body parts- that is offensive and needs moderation, was it that bad?

uplink
    Free Member

What did she say?

They were hoping for a suicide bombing of the ceremony

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

So it was that bad then, moderation upheld

Junkyard
    Free Member

How can an opinion be banned? It’s absurd

depends what it is we could all easily post up something that would offend there is no real skill in it and without moderation I assume it would just descend in to that. Iirc singletrack are legally responsible for everything posted as well so theyprobably have to remove some stuff I assume.
    I once got banned for arguing so be careful kids

ton

things like that deserve a life ban imho.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘So, who got banned?’ is closed to new replies.