Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • So who else crashed today?
  • MrSparkle

I managed to bin it today. Rode through a puddle at a fair lick. Hit the far end of it which was raised like a small wall. Straight over the bars. Full on shoulder charge of the ground. Wouldn’t have been too bad but the shoulder was still sore from a prang training for the 3 Peaks. Work will be ‘fun’ tomorrow. Not.
    What’s your story?

ojom
    Free Member

Aye.

But fake crashing. MTB outdoor first aid training.

Rosss
    Free Member

Not today but I completely messed up the ladder drop on snakes and ladders up stile cop last saturday morning. 7 foot fall on my head, flipped over and whacked by back. Brand new full face and goggles nicely scratched and the peak snapped but they really did their job. It’s safe to say it’s been a seriously stiff week and todays spin around the dog and monkey stung a bit! Good luck with tomorow!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nearly, it was proper greasy in parts in Epping. The Spesh tyes are a bit worn out now for such slipperiness. Still, keeps you sharp and focussed.

tollah
    Free Member

Aye, proper over the bars moment just seconds after warning the others in the group about the entrance to the trail! Proper numpty moment and didn’t even have the go pro going 🙁 heal soon mrS

crazy-legs

I avoided crashing by the simple method of not riding my bike in such awful weather! 😉

pitduck
    Free Member

yes over the bonnet of a very sexy ladys micra,scratched her car,and very nearly woke me up, but me and the bike are fine 8)

postierich
    Free Member

Slide out on rocky slab today left elbow is smarting a bit good job I sort letters with my right hand 😕
    Had to many close shaves now I am looking @ elbow guards/pads!

Which ones shall I get?

philconsequence
    Free Member

twice, new bikes brakes are a bit more effective than my HT 😳

on the plus side the second crash was the first time i’ve remembered to push the bike away from me once i’m going down instead of holding on tight and wrapping myself in the frame 😀

ssnowman
    Free Member

Over the bars last night at D2D at the second bomb hole, hit the ground with my face. Feeling a bit sore today.

stylish
    Free Member

I managed to fall of while going in a straight line @ d2d in the early hours, still not sure how………..

GW
    Free Member

not ridden today yet but my last decent length ride was Thursday night and I crashed 3 times, two of which were into trees from slightly misjudging corners on a track I used to know really really well (but has recently been “altered”) and one was a tank slapper ejection to comedy run across greasy slop after putting a wheel over a wet supporting log on a berm.
    still hurt a little from landing on my hip after going over a berm at a DH race last sunday.
    I’m only riding a mile or so tonight, so hopefully I’ll make it without crashing. wish me luck everyone 😉

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Came a cropper on one of the bridalways in grizdale Forrest. manualed through a deep puddle/lake and ended coming off. Scraped my knee but it’s ok because I’m one of those all the gear no idea / stormtrooper riders so I had my knee pads on 😉

Haze

Ribs are a bit tender after a spill on the track off the top of Llandegla masts.

No quite so funny as the dive into the heather I had to make just before it…

scaredypants

pitduck – Member
    … but me and the bike are fine

Never mind that, how’s the sexy lady ?

Ed, no crashes but nearly blacked out on a climb (not really, but I did reach or a few extra gears and wondered about throwing up)

tops5
    Free Member

Ribs are a bit tender after a spill on the track off the top of Llandegla masts.

Looked a bit grim up there today – we rode past and stayed on the well drained trails!

sobriety
    Free Member

I crashed on the BHF Dark Peak challenge yesterday, was a comedy stall, followed by a sliding backwards with both wheels locked (was steep and somewhat damp!) followed by whacking my knee on one of the slabs that made the trail and then some swearing, my mate laughed at me though so it was ok…

Harry_the_Spider

Had a CrapFall™ 8 days ago. The bolt on the stem put a tiny little hole in the side of my knee and it still hurts like a bastard. 😐

No understand.

kayak23

Hugged a tree at Cannock yesterday.it ripped my Jersey the bugger, and my arm but that’ll heal.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

2nd weekend without a ride after a nightride ended up with me lying on the ground after a short sharp up hill sprint and the freewheel went bang and threw me over the bars and landed on my left knee in flinty hardpack with the bike on top. Bruising is weirdly only just coming out and knee is still not ‘quite’ right, so roll on next weekend, fingers crossed.

phinw
    Free Member

Yep, slid off the only bit woodwork on the Aston Hill XC. Front wheel one way, me the other. Nice gash and big buise on my leg. As usual, just above the kneed pads!

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

Over jumped a step-down on the dh bike 2 weeks ago. Landed flat, straight into a tree at full tap. Finger broke, palms bruised, wrists sprained, rotator cuff damaged& shoulder clicks and pops and left leg still bruising and knee feels like it isn’t connected to anything. So lucky not to have broken anything big. Can’t ride for some time yet. Pretty happy weather has turned crap actually
    😉

genghispod
    Free Member

Due to riding more this year I have had more punctures and more off’s. The last being a proper smackdown of kneecaps on a big lump of sandstone. Cue not riding for 4 weeks. Have been bodyboarding though instead so not all bad.

timnwild

Straight over the bars being cocky on some roots in Steyning yesterday morning. Less than 5 seconds off the road as well, just to add to the shame.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yep, 4 hours in A&E, a very bruised hand and a set of cruches as a prize.

flyingmonkeycorps

No proper crash yesterday (though one very closely averted on Jacob’s Ladder) but I did manage to flick a massive stone up off my front wheel onto my left shin. It was big enough and fast enough that the volume of the crack it made was quite disturbing, bettered only by the volume of my rather vociferous swearing.

It’s about the third time in as many rides too – my left shin constantly looks like corned beef.

philconsequence
    Free Member

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet yeti, did you crash again after we left?!

robob
    Free Member

dragged my bike to the top of snowdon on saturday and within 400mtrs of the start of the descent I stacked, groin first, into the upturned end of the bars which by this point were embedded an inch into the ground.

some serisouly gruesome bruising going on in bits you never want to see bruised i can tell you, i can’t show you, but i can tell you…

seemed also to have picked up a cold and every cough and sneeze is utter agony.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

nah, driving home saw my right leg swell up to twice the size of my left 🙂

daznal
    Free Member

The slimy wood edging on one of the trails managed to off three of our riders on sunday one of them comicaly into a thicket of brambles/nettles

philconsequence
    Free Member

manly! 😈

we is gunna go back on up sunday 23rd dude, i’ll be freshly tattood so wont be riding but beccas going to have a play and spend a bit of time with the master 🙂 you is invited of course.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll be there… injury permitting… I’ve got a score to settle 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

😀 sweet, i’ll literally be sitting around on the sofa watching everyone ride. i might even shout abusive things at you if you’re lucky

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If you’re shouting abuse the good lady will definitely want to come 😀

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘So who else crashed today?’ is closed to new replies.