Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • So who else came under rule #9 this morning?
  • luked2
    Free Member

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/

Rule 9:

If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Dragged my body out of bed, listening to the sound of rain drumming down outside. Clambered into vaguely suitable – but still muddy and slightly damp – clothes, found a working bike.

Light on. Met up with friend from across the road and headed off into the wet slithery darkness.

That is what it’s all about (*). Who else was out this morning in the rain?

(*) See also rule 4 though.

rOcKeTdOg

rule 5 always applies though surely?

woffle
    Free Member

This morning and the last 4 or 5 morning commutes have been properly miserable weather-wise. I think I may have to find some better mud-guards if this is what I’m going to be riding in for the next 4 months or so.

Nothing quite chills you like putting on still-sodden cycling shoes at the end of the working day for the ride home. Indeed, Rule 5 does apply and a daily dose of HTFU is needed.

(wouldn’t change it for the world mind you)

stumpy01

Nothing quite chills you like putting on still-sodden cycling shoes at the end of the working day for the ride home.

That’s what puts me off – especially as I drive a distance, leave the car and then cycle the rest.
    The thought of getting drenched on the way in, then having to put wet clothes on for the way back and then still have an hour to drive once I get back to the car doesn’t appeal.

nickc

Going out tonight.

rule 11

Gary_M
    Free Member

I ride whatever the weather, 20 miles in the pouring rain. Loads of us do it, it’s no big deal. It’s only rain, it doesn’t make you a hardman.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m currently hiding my bare feet under my desk as my socks dry on the radiator! Next time I will wear the sealskinz, although my ‘waterproof’ gloces are soaked too!

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I sat and read all of those rules the other day.

Lecture cancelled this morning as the lecturer is at a conference or something, otherwise I’d have ridden through the rain. Don’t have to be in until 12 now so I’ll stay dry!

It helps that my options are walk or ride as to drive in (as well as taking ages because of all the traffic) would sting me with a £5 parking fee every time I do it!

Tiger6791

Cycled to work in jeans, Epic Fail!

I am sat here, very very very wet! 👿

On the plus side my jacket worked well.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just ridden the 15 miles home from work (Nights) bright sunshine most of the way 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bagstard I find it best to have a spare pair of socks at work.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Nothing quite chills you like putting on still-sodden cycling shoes at the end of the working day for the ride home.

I always take a second set of kit for the ride home, plus we have plenty of warm places (even a dedicated drying room) to dry my shoes. 🙂

cpon
    Free Member

Just rode in to work through the rain. I received a new bike on Monday so it was going to take more then a bit of damp to take the car.

jedi

i will be coaching in an hours time in the rain 🙂

big-chief-96
    Free Member

riding in the rain ‘s more fun. dry conditions take the fun out of it

Bagstard
    Free Member

Good point Gary, I wont be making that mistake again. Socks now dry and back on my feet, much to my work mates relief.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I follow Rule 43:

Anyone that follows these stupid rules needs help!

I got the bus and enjoyed a good read 😎

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘So who else came under rule #9 this morning?’ is closed to new replies.