Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • So who DIDN'T get a proper ride in this weekend?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Whole weekend of glorious warm sun and dry roads/trails – all spent doing irritating brownie point jobs around the house….managed a whole 4 miles on the Nutbrook Trail with swadey jnr this afternoon.

👿

Curly68
    Free Member

I couldn't go out today as my son was returning from his school trip, so had to pick him up and sort washing out etc.
    Did manage a little ride with my girl yesterday. Saw an adder on the trail basking. Never seen my little girl go so fast!

lister

No riding here, but had a beautiful day on Skomer with the kids. Their first trip and it was stunning.

Too **** hot for riding anyway 😉

mboy
    Free Member

It wouldn't help if I told you I got out for a good couple of hours on Friday, a nice sunset jaunt yesterday evening, and a big old blast for more than 3 hours today then?

😉

Pook

nope. Was camping with a bunch of ungrateful sods and then today I've been for a walk with my gf – found some nice trails though

orangefive
    Free Member

Troutbeck, garburn, high street, pooley bridge, patterdale, kirkstone :mrgreen:

RustyNissanPrairie

3 miles on my Kona Smoke. Thankfully I terrorise Lee Quarry on Wednesday nights to make up for lack of weekend riding.

squiff
    Free Member

whinlatter friday, Glentress saturday, innerleithen today :mrgreen:

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

managed a 3 hour blast saturday morning 6.30 am til 9.30 am, that is it!

Inbred456
    Free Member

First time for two years that we've been asked to work Sat and Sun on probably the best two days of summer so far. Oh well can't grumble. Got to get this Economy going somehow.

firestarter
    Free Member

no riding at all but last week did 2 mtb 2 jump park sessions and a cx ride and going on a big road ride in the morning so not all bad

zaskar
    Free Member

Recovering from Man Flu but had time to practise cooking and eating :mrgreen:

Report due for Thursday and won't get any riding till Friday Evening.

Gorgeous weather at the mo and expecting rain when I'm free lol

topangarider
    Free Member

Missus ona Hen do all weekend so on childcare duties – managed a jaunt into town with the little'un on the back. That's it.

Next weekend better be nice!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Devon County Show and mowing the lawn yesterday 🙁

Widemouth Bay all day today 😀

I am definitely commuting at least 2 days this week.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

cos we heard the kids coming up the stairs!

backhander
    Free Member

Widemouth Bay all day today

Lovely.

I've didn't ride, had to demolish a garage yesterday 🙁
    But did the fan dance today 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

Me, would have been far to hot for me. We walked up Pen Y Ghent, setting off at 7.45pm, bivvied at the top, walked down this morning. Fab.

Johnbot
    Free Member

Recovering from a two week bout of tonsillitis here. Not eating solids for over a week does nothing for your energy levels.

Kahurangi

Ill with a stinkin' rotten cold. no riding since Wednesday night. No commute, nothing this weekend, just some fettling. 🙁

marsdenman
    Free Member

Had hoped to be out today but the only thing I have ridden is the white porcelain thing in the smallest room…..
    🙄

johni
    Free Member

My bike was stolen out of my parents' garage on Friday night, so my planned ride on Saturday at Gisburn Forest evaporated. 🙁

crocodilian
    Free Member

Wedding Saturday, getting over wedding Sunday….will try this evening, hopefully!

5lab

i rode the SDW (whole way – 100 miles offroad) on saturday. On my 45lb, 6" travel, 2.5" tyred, 17" (I'm 6'3, its rather cramped) playbike. I doubt I'll be *able* to ride a proper ride for months :S

I helped organise a trailquest on Sunday, so I spent most of the day at the event start while everyone else was out riding.
    Got a bit of a ride in later collecting some of the control points in, but it was more like park the Land Rover in a hedge, jump out, ride the bike across a field and back to retrieve the CP, jump back in the Land Rover, drive on a bit more, repeat.

uplink
    Free Member

There's a lot less energetic things to do than riding bikes in this weather

Snoozing in the dappled shade of a birch tree & occasionally sipping a cool Pimms was my preferred activity this weekend

I did get out at stupid o'clock on Friday morning though

chakaping
    Free Member

After crucifying myself in the heat at Aston Hill on Friday I wasn't too bothered that I couldn't get a ride in at the weekend.

Penciled a couple of hours in for this eve though and possibly another two midweek rides.

Drac

Nothing was going to stop me from riding.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34313539

StuF

No proper riding but out with the kids round rutland water, youngest in the seat on back, second youngest (nearly 5) managed all the 15 miles round ::Proud Dad Moment::

After our picnic – 'Dad, can we do that again'

Gilles

bike crash doing a silly jump on Saturday evening. no bike until 1 or 2 weeks for now. Sore, bruised and burned right-hand side.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

No riding this weekend, Gothenburg half marathon Saturday and a stag night in the evening. Sunday consisted of grass cutting and other such tasks.

HTTP404
    Free Member

5 mile run, 1K swim.
    The rest spent pampering to the whims of family life, cutting the lawn and household chores 🙁

kamina
    Free Member

I didn't. Had to take care of my kids birthday preparations all weekend. 🙁

Would be pissed unless I had such a nice ride on Thursday (finished at 1am)!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Spent the whole weekend surfing, camping, sea swimming and boating with our little boy – he had his first "surf" too – so no bike riding.

Lovely MTB ride this morning – but swallowed a few flies!

LoCo
    Free Member

No riding this weekend in Wales. aside of bedding in of a mini dirt quarter outside the workshop friday lunchtime on the company bmx!
    Visitors and baby daughter took precedence, going out tonight to test the newly valved vanillas.

myheadsashed

No riding at all surgery last Wed on my leg no bikey for 4 weeks…..v.depressing 😥

However today I'm at home with nowhere to be relaxing and taking it easy – dr's orders you know… 😉

Blueadvocate

Sunday round Cragg Quarry (1st time very impressed), came over Rooley Moor from Norden … quality descent back home!

Trimix
    Free Member

I didnt and Im still sulking 🙁

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

sitting in Twickenham drinking beer and watching rugby

0km for me but a great time had nonetheless

now I need to pay off those pints and catch up with the biking before the weather turns sour again!

Shame of it is, forcast says summer ends in … erm … 8 hours. Bugger.

willard

Nope… Had to drive back to the East Coast and see parents and gran, then drive back again and do DIY and gardening.

I got promised a trip out last night by the wife, but she was knackered after work when i got back home (earlier than normal too), so we didn't get out then either.

At least I cycled in this morning, that's all I can say.

Haze

I went to Llandegla, which according to some isn't a proper ride.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘So who DIDN'T get a proper ride in this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.