Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • So which £1k hard tails are looking good at the moment.
  • pebblebeach
    Free Member

Friends work have just announced the c2w scheme and he’s looking at getting a £1k hard tail. I’m thinking something from on one maybe. He doesn’t do particularly technical stuff, likes long rides and loves to ride fast. Also been into mtb for a long time, early 90’s but rides road and cx mostly now.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Anyone?

PMK2060

Canyon and cube are great value for money. Winstanleys have 2012 cubes on sale.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You can get this years boardman with a reba moco air shock for 999

Nobby

Ghost make some fine looking bikes.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Yeh I was thinking canyon or boardman too.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Great as they are – I dont think you can get a Canyon on C2W: no uk shop etc. Boardman would be good though. Or Revolution (from EBC).

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Not sure how his scheme works but yeh looks like canyon only sell online. The boardman ht pro looks good.

mboy
    Free Member

Just ordered a Ghost SE 8000 for my GF. She looked at many other bikes at the price point first, and decided on one of these.

Ok, she chose largely based on how the bike looked. But from a shortlist I presented to her. To be fair though, for the money, you’ll struggle to beat it on specs, but it also looks the nutts too, and they ride very well according to all the reviews.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I wouldn’t by an On One. Have a look for the recent thread about how the headset was knackered after 12 rides and the warranty people wouldn’t sort it.

Sounds like pretty bad kit and rubbish customer service to me.

sfinnie
    Free Member

Hmm, off left suggestion. Singular swift? Might need to spec as singlespeed rigid to come in under the grand.but easy to tweak thereafter.

Not unbiased. Built one earlier this year and am unhealthily, scarily, irrationally obsessed with it. Fave bike in the shed. Not for big stuff but on smoothish singletrack it’s the dogs. Quick too.

Dunno, might not fit the bill, no harm adding to the confusion 🙂

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Orange Clockwork 29er?

Northwind

thegeneralist – Member

I wouldn’t by an On One. Have a look for the recent thread about how the headset was knackered after 12 rides and the warranty people wouldn’t sort it.

A small part of a big bike.

motozulu
    Free Member

I have just reserved myself one of these on the cycle2work scheme

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/6802/cube-reaction-pro-hardtail-xc-mountain-bike-2012-sale

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Now that cube does look the part.

jeffl

Looking at a cube ltd pro 29er on c2w as I’m a lanky git.

jasonm945
    Free Member

thegeneralist – Member

Sounds like pretty bad kit and rubbish customer service to me.

I think that’s pretty “general” and as I have had no probs with the warranty dept of On-one, should be taken with a pinch of salt. To be fair there are’t many companies that can match them for value, do read the small print of their ride to work page though 😉

Jay

kendo954
    Free Member

So on one are a no go because of a dodgy headset?

Erm ok then!!!

Rorschach
    Free Member

“I wouldn’t by an On One. Have a look for the recent thread about how the headset was knackered after 12 rides”
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rnw0D2AdYU[/video]

backinireland
    Free Member

onone whippet if they still have it for 999

Light and fast, loving mine.

motozulu
    Free Member

Pebble from what you said in the OP I think your mate would struggle to get a better specced bike for his purposes than the Cube. Looks better in the flesh and light as a feather with a great frame – everyone’s a winner – but they are flying out of the shops – be quick

spectabilis
    Free Member
    plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Best long travel hardtail I’ve seen is the £1k Voodoo one at halfords. amazing value.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘So which £1k hard tails are looking good at the moment.’ is closed to new replies.