Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • So where have we all been playing today?
  • brokenbanjo

Cracking day up here in Cumbria. Did the Borrowdale Bash, which was good fun. I do love that ride even when overcooking a rock garden and having to bail out over the bars!

Photo of Derwent Water

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve been doing the brown run in my toilet.

Sancho
    Free Member

shipley glen and esholt riding and digging been a great day in the sun

Stiggy

Bramley Trailbreak in glorious sunshine, great fun, still very muddy though.

AD

Might have even seen you between Seatoller and Rosthwaite – I was the friendly roadie on the Ellsworth.
    Top of Honister was fairly grim 🙂 Good ride out though.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Pentlands with a tailwind. Near miss fork dive otb.

Never felt so alive. Since Thursday when that happened in the dark.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Cwmcarn XC trails. Not doing the new one agen til I find a route to the top that doesn’t involve the horrific mess of the somme on the way up.

Just ridiculous!

On the other side of the valley, however, it’s aaaall good!

Simon

Did a quick loop from home, St Ives, Harden, Cottingley.
    Nice to be out in some sunshine for a change riding some slighty drier, faster trails. 😀

Suggsey
    Free Member

Just local mud plugging SS ride across the fields and canals but any riding is great riding in the sunshine 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I went over on my ankle after .3 of a mile into my run, and now have a double sized ankle. Ouchie.

AlasdairMc

Rode down to Glentress, some of the black, then back again on the SS. About 100k all in, and surprisingly not dead.

creamegg
    Free Member

Cwmcarn XC trails. Not doing the new one agen til I find a route to the top that doesn’t involve the horrific mess of the somme on the way up.

Did it this morning, wasn’t that bad. Could tell you a route up to bypass the signed route but its not tarmaced so you probably wont like it either

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

AlasdairMc – Member
    Rode down to Glentress, some of the black, then back again on the SS. About 100k all in, and surprisingly not dead.

Good effort sir, one in the karma bank for the summer.

househusband

Well done Al!

A 45km loop around East Fife on the CX bike taking in a heady mix of road, gravel, woodland, singletrack and fast reverse camber country park path on the way into down into St Andrews for coffee and the most amazing apple, cinnamon and milk chocolate scone…

neilthewheel

Kirby Stephen – tracks running like rivers, foot deep mud, wind, sleet, stinging hail, more mud. Sunshine, tailwinds and a superfast descent on the way back. Great really!

neilthewheel

DP

jacob46
    Free Member

first time on the dog at Cannock. loved it and was on a HT. mite be looking at a new bike for trails only.

LoCo
    Free Member

Saucer of milk Mr Egg? 😉

To be fair it is quite smooth under the couple inches of mud, had great fun loosing control repeatedly and saving it again round Cafell yesterday afternoon 😀 only ended up on my bum twice

gee
    Free Member

Usual surrey hills big loop, but without Leith as I left home late – it was getting dark… 75 miles, 6.5hrs on the fat bike!!

Trails in amazing condition given the weather. Fire roads on Winterfold a bit wet but Holmbury was almost entirely lacking in puddles!!

Lest
    Free Member

Day trip over to Afan from Portsmouth to see the new trails. Planned to do Blade and then lap Penyhdd and Blue scar but by the time I rode up to Blade from old visitor centre and did blade + rode back was a bit buggered so just had a look at Bluescar.
    Blade bloddy hard work and really technical in places at the moment!!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

45 mile local loop

With a great tail wind from Crosby all the way up to Southport Pier.

Looking at tomorrow’s forecast I think the garage needs sorting and a bit of fettling is called for

bitterlemon
    Free Member

Holmsbury early doors was great in the sun and dry considering what it’s been through. It’s been a long time since I was last there.

Fair play Gee. Do you know what pitch is like, apart from Evian are there any other trails left over that way? Hoping to get back over there tomorrow 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Lots of Cannock today also out on the motorbike and just demolished a spectacular curry. Pretty good day really

wiggles
    Free Member

Hitting my bike with a rubber mallet and cable tying things to it, might be able to ride it soon!

Kunstler

Hey Alasdair, I was on the black and the red at GT today. It was my second time there since I…

Rode down to Glentress, some of the black, then back again on the SS.

On your old bike as it happens but that was ages ago. Today I was finally discovering the joy of the 456 – wonderful fun. Day slightly marred by losing my wallet.

RobHilton
    Free Member

creamegg – Member
    Cwmcarn XC trails….

Could tell you a route up to bypass the signed route but its not tarmaced so you probably wont like it either

I’m willing to give it a try.

It was a **** joke btw! Not what I wrote – the first climb, you must really enjoy not enjoying yourself?

kimbers

At home with a stinking cold after planning a day at cwmcarn and got family stuff fulling up my next few weekends

I’m gutted haven’t had a proper ride in weeks!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Dalby Red, with a bit of a play at Dixon’s Hollow. Yep it was fun, but a long drive when there is better riding on my doorstep.

Sui
    Free Member

Mickleham, and Ranmore today, trails in surprisingly good shape as well. The trail pixies have also been busy in places where they don’t normally go as well…

jruk
    Free Member

Had a quick blast around some of the unmarked stuff at Haldon. The rangers have done a great job clearing up the main trails after the storms but there’s still a hell of a lot down.

[/url]
    IMAG1056_stitch by jruk*, on Flickr[/img]

h4muf
    Free Member

Did 62 mileson the cx bike,derby,Loughborough and Nottingham.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Guess where I was riding today.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/12704512115_984c3ae1c5_o.jpg%5B/img%5D

[Img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2858/12704524505_9915979974_o.jpg[/img]

eviljoe
    Free Member

A nice bimble round Dartmoor for me, with a loverly new (well to me) bike, a 2005 Turner 5 Spot. Ride characterised by quite a bit of sloggy wet grass and squelchy mud, not made any better by poor tyre choice (WTB Bronsons) but alleviated by a strong wind that seemed to be at my back all the way around 🙂

Shiny new looking bike at Bennet’s Cross

Top of Shapley Tor descent- 2 minutes later I was OTB after hitting a sneaky bottomless mud puddle… no harm done, either to me or (more importantly!) to the bike.

Jay’s Grave

View from Bowerman’s nose- sketchy descent on a new bike…

Most importantly- Snowdrops! Spring is around the corner!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Out on the road bike for me. 100 miles, 8100ft of climbing around the Trough of Bowland, Lancashire with the odd trip onto Yorkshire. Good training for the Fred Whitton I’m doing in May. Need to get out on the mtb soon though, I’ve entered the gravity enduro at Gisburn in April.

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Surrey Hills, Pitch was surprisingly dry and beautifully quiet. Haven’t been for a while and made me realise that Swinley (where I have been riding a lot recently) has been ruined by the new trails and lack of option of exploring. Was fun up on Leith Hill too.

benman
    Free Member

First visit to Calderdale today. The steepness took some getting used to, but we’ll definitely be back!

Took in descent down to golf course, then back up over top to zig zags and blue pig, then Pecket Well to finish. Good day out albeit quite damp. Looking forward to exploring more on another visit.

TiRed

Afan with the kids. Blue Scar and Penhydd with Teen2, then White’s Level with Teen1 and back in time to watch the end of the rugby in the visitors centre before the long drive home along the M4. Didn’t see another Single Speed all day. Nor any other funky handlebars.

ontor
    Free Member

Big build day at Haldon putting the last of the trails back together, nice to see the hard work paying off;

Had a quick blast around some of the unmarked stuff at Haldon

It was ace to be in the sunshine for a change.

(but you could have stopped and helped you know… 😉 )

Nick

Absolutely brilliant 25 mile ride on the Long Mynd

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Blackwater (West Mersea, Osea area) originally I was going to meet up with a new mate for a rideout South London way but he bailed so I chucked the roadie in the van and headed Burnham on Crouch way and unloaded the roadie and hacked the lanes all around the area where I have many many fond memories of some excellent sailing times. Beautiful and sunny, topped off with a stop at the Checkers Pub In Goldhanger for real beer.

Whoop!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘So where have we all been playing today?’ is closed to new replies.