Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • So, where can I get a Alfine-11 hub……
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

….32 hole, silver. Wiggle are now telling me June delivery following the ‘…yes, we have stock to cover all backorders…’. So who – if anyone – in retail land has one? I NEEEEEEED one 😉

Ta in advance

cynic-al
    Free Member

JRA have the hubs, not sure on colour.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Thanks Al – I will investigate that.

Any others??

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Think On-One are advertising full builds with them, may be only pre-order tho’

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Yes, retail hubs WERE on the on-one site…. but they don’t appear to be there any more….. 😥

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Ooooo – SJS for the win I think…. though I appear to be paying a 10% premium for silver. Ho hum.

Stoner
    Free Member

theyre never the cheapest and their P&P can be hefty, but they usually have brilliant stock, lots of oddities for building freakbikes with.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

True enough…. if push comes to shove then a trip to Bridgwater is only 45 mins down the M5.

18bikes

We’ve got 32H Black, at £387 – sounds like no use for you, but maybe for others… 😉

http://shop.18bikes.co.uk/products.php?plid=m9b0s475p681

phinbob

Head for the Hills in Dorking had one in the shop the other day, it was in a box so no idea on colour etc.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

So, thanks to Stoner (doffs cap in your direction sir) and SJS, I now have a silver, 32hole, hub sat on my desk. Woo, and indeed, Hoo….

…. however, they didn’t have the CJ-S700 cassette joint kit in stock and it’s obviously 1600g of uselessness without it. I have checked the usual suspects with no joy so I humbly ask for you help again in finding one of these out there in retail land…..

Mister-P
    Free Member

Try Brixton Cycles – 0207 733 6055

Mister-P
    Free Member

Or Just Riding Along – 01142 864900

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Good calls – JRA won’t sell the joints on their own as they only have enough to cover the hubs they have in stock, which is fair enough I suppose.

Any others? 😉

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Mister P – <cough> would it, er, be possible for Madison to supply directly? </cough>

Evesie
    Free Member

There seems to be plenty of stock & good prices in Europe – particularly Germany look to be doing a good deal on a complete 11 speed kit & postage ain’t bad either.

scruff
    Free Member

Can you put new 11spd internals into an old 8spd shell ?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Madison don’t have any in stock hence my pointers to shops who have had some.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Mister P – understood.

May well look to Europe then if the other leads don’t go anywhere……

DoctorRad
    Free Member

JRA’s price for a full wheel with the Alfine 11-speed hub seems to be not much more than the cost of a hub…

Mister-P
    Free Member

Can you put new 11spd internals into an old 8spd shell ?

The internals are different shapes so I very much doubt it.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

JRA’s price for a full wheel with the Alfine 11-speed hub seems to be not much more than the cost of a hub…

I have the hub (in the drilling and colour I want – they had neither), I have the matching rim in the colour I want, the drop bar levers are (alledgedly – see other thread for potential EPIC FAIL content) on their way…. the joint kit is – literally – the last thing I need to get the beast up and running…..

Mister-P
    Free Member

If the levers do turn up (and I have my fingers crossed for you) will you please put a new thread up on the forum with pics?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

If the levers do turn up (and I have my fingers crossed for you) will you please put a new thread up on the forum with pics?

Yes, will do – if they turn out to be smoke-and-mirrors then I have a ‘Plan B’, but that will involve getting hold of the standard 11-speed shifter, which will be equally as rare as hens teeth 🙄 This was supposed to be my winter bike – for this winter, not next FFS!!

spokebloke
    Free Member

Got mine from Ebay – runs luvverly.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘So, where can I get a Alfine-11 hub……’ is closed to new replies.