Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • So when was the last time…
  • nicko74

…you went riding? Obviously those who are injured have a pass, but I haven't been biking in any form since the start of November, when I got back from Murcia. No "real" reason, just… I really haven't fancied it. The weather's plssing awful, the traffic (from Central London) is a pain in the jacksy and so on. That and I've been running. Even so 🙁

But I usually find buying some parts gets me back out there, so bring on a new saddle (and possibly a new bolt thru fork/ wheel combo…)

thomthumb
    Free Member

i've been having a bit of a motivation crisis – any excuse not to go etc etc.

but went out today with a couple of mates did 25miles round hampshire. loved it 🙂 totally pumped for more riding now. although fixed wheel and cold = sore knee

clubber
    Free Member

Yesterday. Great cx ride

sc-xc

Mountain biking….I did two rides at the start of the year, but it was a couple of months before that.

I cycle to work most days – about 20 miles so that keeps my legs working.

allthepies
    Free Member

About 9 hrs ago 🙂

Chew
    Free Member

about 3 hours ago + saturday.

The weathers fine, just get out and ride. After the first hill you'll remember why being out on the bike is great

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I ride at least twice a week,every week,all weathers.
    Not riding is a bad habit to get into,but I'm lucky because there's always at least one other tit to ride with,no matter how dire the condtions.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

went out today for the first time this year. I've missed riding was a good short blast.

sockpuppet

went out twice today!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

6hrs ago.

Built my new on-one up over a month ago. It's done local stuff and with the daughter in tow but until today it had never been riden in anger. 😀

It felt good.

midlifecrashes

Local ride, several hours ago. Peaks a fortnight ago, nipping about town, all the time. Did have a big layoff during the freeze. Winter gets me down.

Underhill
    Free Member

Friday morning. Had talked myself out of it then wife asked if I wasn't going out on the bike, and I felt obligated to say "Yeah, course I am"

It was great, fog lifted as soon as I made it up the first hill & there was nobody else to be seen until I was heading home.

Hope she chases me out the door more often.

piha
    Free Member

Went out today, yesterday and Friday. New bike so I am wanting to get out and play as much as possible. Legs were rather tired today though!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

out today for 30km blast – my riding partner loves climbs the b–t-rd!!!

but getting fitter so worth it, plus new bike makes it so much better 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

ive ridden a couple of times this year, my riding has never recovered from swine flu last october; took me two weeks to feel fit again, then got a chest infection but rode anyway which screwed me over bigtime. took a rest over xmas, had a couple of rides which felt ok then had appendicitis mid jan and am at the tail end of recovery, looking to join the peaks pootle this weekend.

i hate it, never been off the bike this much before. i love riding in mud!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Today 🙂

dasnut
    Free Member

today, 35miles on the singlespeed in 3hrs, not had alcohol since new years eve, feel bloody great

alps are going to be destroyed this year

epicyclo

Today 4 1/2 hours in the mountains

Ambrose

About 4 hours ago, blasted down the Quantocks to the Pub. A good day.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wednesday for a "real ride" most days I am out on a bike somwewhere

steveh

Since I got back to the UK on the 23 Dec (from 3 weeks in SA on a business trip) I've not ridden on 3 days. Often twice a day at the moment, feeling fitter than ever and loving riding despite the conditions.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Last Sunday.

Not been able to ride since and will not be able to for at least a week or two as I crashed and bent my 'kin fork!

😡

nicko74

Ah thanks guys, you're really making me feel better about losing my motivation… 😐

forge197
    Free Member

Yesterday but it's a return from injury, now have the long road of recovering fitness, having done very little proper riding since last September for a variety of reasons.

Look forward to completing our current project then my weekends will be free again and we can go riding, feel quite motivated to ride as many great rides planned this year and need to get the fitness back up.

AlasdairMc

Last proper ride was a couple of weeks back when there was still snow, but I did a couple of miles today picking something up, and commute 15 miles daily.

angryratio
    Free Member

I'm going through a patch of self loathing at my body currently.
    The moobs won't go away fast enough.. and i still want beer but i am riding more again.
    A trip to lovely Scotland is motivating me 🙂

timber

Today was about my 6th ride since trashing my back last summer, feeling really unfit on the bike. Love it once I'm out, just need to keep pushing myself.
    Want to get the fitness back, but lack the motivation sometimes, I'm out in the mud and rain all day at work anyway, so going back out seems a bit backwards sometimes.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘So when was the last time…’ is closed to new replies.