Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So when is it time to start 'getting back out there'?
  • dooge
    Free Member

Hey all,

I split up with my ex around 2 months ago, had a simple reason for the breakup and little to no contact from her. It just wasnt right, still get pangs of guilt about it but learning to move on. Ive had the rebound fun too, just wondering when the time is right to move on to actually dating again?

In the past Ive bounced from relationship to relationship with little gap between (a few months) but this was different and feel like if Im going to give something a go I should feel right about it. Im thinking of trying online dating soon but dont want to get involved if Im not ready. Has anyone got any advice?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fairly similar thing here and been nearly 2 months. For me it’s been a long time since I was single and I’m just taking it one step at a time. Trickiest part for me now is living somewhere small and having moved up an age bracket most of the singles are looking for instant long term etc (or chain smokers) so I guess I’m just avoiding those clutching a wedding & baby magazines!

As usual though any hint of desperation smells stronger than a fart in a lift and good things tend to happen without been chased down.

somafunk

To be perfectly honest i couldn’t be fked if i never get back out there ever again, 41 yrs old here and it’s 5 yrs + since my ex and me split, i’ve spent the time doing what i want, when i want and not giving a thought to it. It prob works to my advantage as i’ve never wanted kids etc so perhaps i’m just selfish but i so much prefer living on my own. Prob a fault of the way i was brought up as we moved around a lot when i was a kid and i went to 6 different primary schools and 5 high schools/academy’s but i would not have it any other way.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

You will only know if the times right when you start dating. A stranger on the internet can’t provide you with a timescale. There maybe someone perfect for you looking right now and your posting on a bike forum about ‘getting back out there’ for heavens sake lad go and have some fun if it feels to soon cool it off ride your bike for a bit then look again. Life’s too short to be waiting for the right time 🙂 find a nice girl look after her and have fun in the process

IanMunro
    Free Member

somafunk+1

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The time to get back in a relationship is when you’re tired of Tinder

yunki
    Free Member

I split from my ex at xmas.. Was pretty cut up about (much to my surprise) and although I had a really difficult month or two, I was ready to try and find some fun fairly quickly.. A couple of female friends were good enough to bare the brunt of my clumsy, slightly deranged attempts at seduction (I failed miserably) and then I did a bit of online dating..
    I was surprised at the women I met, who by and large were in exactly the same boat as me, trying out their confidence, looking for no strings fun and/or interesting company.. if any love or romance were to happen it would be a bit of an unexpected bonus..

I didn’t meet anyone that I could fall in love with, but made a couple of new friends..

Anyway, fast forward to the six month mark, and I met a truly wonderful woman through mutual friends, we hit it off immediately and had pretty much everything in common, magic started happening and we haven’t looked back since

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m with Soma (same age).Been 5 years-ish.I have become too used to doing/spending/going what I want,when I want,where I want that I can’t ever see myself making the compromises you need to make to be in a relationship.And to be honest I don’t really represent a great catch (no house,no money,no prospects….awesome at biking).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So when is it time to start 'getting back out there'?’ is closed to new replies.