Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • so when did wiggle get so useless?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

just wondering? they used to be cheap, next day deliveres and great customer service. in my experience this last week they are no longer any of the above.

rubbish rant i’m afraid, but boy have they just let me down!

avdave2

I haven’t used them for a while as they don’t seem to be very competitive these days. I tend to prefer those on line retailers who actually run bike shops as well and then there are all the German sites as well.

Nobby

Only waited 2 days for my order to arrive last week.

Perhaps they’ve suddenly got busy following the bad press CRC have had of late? 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve bought a few small items from them recently, none came next day, most came 2 days later.

Used Superstars for the first time last week. Ordered at around 11:30am and arrived the next day, good vfm too.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have never known Wiggle to be cheap apart from the occasional mistake but although I think their service is just as good as it used to be they seem to be suffering a lot from diversification, low stock levels of popular items/sizes and stiff competition.

They never seem to have what I’m looking for these days.

Pierre

Took a week to deliver a bottle of Stan’s fluid last week. I wasn’t impressed, considering the number of impressive next-day deliveries I had when I first used them about 8 years ago!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

its not so much the delivery, that was very slow and missed the important date i needed the stuff for, but more the total lack of customer service. they were not the cheapest for what i wanted, but i went with them as i was in a rush and in the past were always dependable.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Fine for my last order.
    Ordered Friday PM, arrived 11am this morning.
    Much cheaper than anywhere else on line, even from mates rates/trade contacts I have.
    Can’t grumble (well, not until I have to pay the card bill)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

rocketman +1, but no problems recently

meehaja
    Free Member

Ordered some DHB 3/4 bib tights on sunday night/ monday morning (about 0300ish). Arrive tuesday morning with a free energy drink from Hi5. Can’t fault that really. And it was 20% off.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve always had nothing but positive experiences with Wiggle…maybe just one of those orders that goes wrong.

lucien

To answer the op’s question – when they sold out to the venture capitalists and it just became about profits

anthonyb
    Free Member

Last order thet sent me completely the wrong item. Then when i sent it back (at my expense) they then said that the original item i paid for was now not in stock (even though it was showing in stock when i ordered.) they refunded the orginal amount paid. But i needed to contact them twice more to get them to refund the return postage i paid out, and the speedy dispatch fee i paid. 5 days of hassle. No item. Will be using merlin next time.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘so when did wiggle get so useless?’ is closed to new replies.