Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • So whats going on with that bus on the M6?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just looked at the BBC, and its all a bit vague at the minute, but it looks like some one has made them self a cupper soup and the armed Police didnt like it?

Bad farts on a coach wouldn’t be pleasent too.

Perhaps ‘Dave’ is about to have a bad news day, and this is todays diversion news story?

butcher

Coulda been a pot noodle.

alfabus
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-18719962

very odd. Got to be more to it than some bloke ‘pouring liquid into a box which started smoking’

Dave

davidjey
    Free Member

Suspected ‘mix the innocent looking liquids together and you get something explosive’, as practised badly by inept terrorists everywhere.

But targetting a MegaBus…..?

wwaswas

targetting a MegaBus

no point spending a fortune on a ticket if you’re planning on doing the whole journey?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You would have to assume that the Mega Bus itself isnt the target, but London

STATO
    Free Member

One of those self-heating meal things? they work by pouring a liquid into the pouch and can produce a hell of a lot of smoke, if youve not used one before you might be inclined to try it indoors (or in a bus?) but its a bad idea.

marcus7
    Free Member

Dunno but the police are jumpy, just hat about 6 cars and a helicopter, stop a van outside…Arv fellas there too!

wwaswas

Staffordshire Police said an incident on the #M6 toll road involving a coach is not being treated as a counter-terrorism operation.

so the making a hot meal on the bus theory gains credibility.

portlyone

Possible connection to the other arrests this morning?

wwaswas

Possible connection to the other arrests this morning?

they said not, earlier.

mattbee

Wonder if someone was using one of those electronic ciggy things?

legend
    Free Member

Brazilian plumbers at it again?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Police & emergency services training exercise for the Olympics.

Would’ve been cancelled if it had been raining.
    At least, that’s what always happens to my office fire drills.

BigJohn

I think they’re just clamping down on smoking on public transport.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Would’ve been cancelled if it had been raining.
    At least, that’s what always happens to my office fire drills.

Well durrrr…. because the rain would put the fire out wouldn’t it.

😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Could this be the biggest pot noodle emergency evva ? 😀

Sui
    Free Member

defo pot noodle/brew scenario. A panicky old bint jumped the gun and now plod with no sense have made people sit around on tarmac for hours.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Uh oh, you said ‘gun’…expect armed Police response any time soon.

cp

Bit early in the day for pot noodle? though possible if hung over.

I’m going for one of those instant porridge pots.

cranberry
    Free Member

“Following an initial assessment, we can confirm that no-one has been injured and that there is no danger to passengers at the scene or any other travellers who were on the motorway at that time.

“We are also not treating anyone as a suspect.”

Potnoodletastic over reaction then.

wwaswas

Staffordshire Police have said the security alert aboard a coach at the #M6 toll was caused by a “health improvement aid for smokers”.

oops.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Megabus attracts wierdos and people with personal hygene issues, FACT.

Travelled from Portsmouth to London on it early one morning. 2 blokes got on and started eating chinese food (hot), they were Chinese, but its just not on. My stomach was well put out. Nom nom nom.

jota180
    Free Member

Staffordshire Police have said the security alert aboard a coach at the #M6 toll was caused by a “health improvement aid for smokers”.

an electric fag then?

Cougar

Yes, but it was an e-fag OF DOOM!

allthepies
    Free Member

Pot noodle in the clear.

project
    Free Member

It wasnt a bus as buses are used on stage carrige work, it was a three axle, Volvo coach, with free wifi, toilet and probably leather wipe clean seats.

Mega bus is the trade name give to Stagecoach express coach inter city services. 😯

But what a fantastic turnout by the emergency services, great to see them so well trained and capable.

They didnt know what to expect, but turned out, and did a fantastic job,well done all those people.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

What project said.

Emergency services all turned up not knowing what they would find. Could easily have been explosives, chemicals or some other dangerous substance; and no idea if there would be dangerous people on the scene.

Hats off to all of them.

wwaswas

Will they be sending the probably now ‘ex’ ex-smoker the bill?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Emergency services all turned up not knowing what they would find. Could easily have been explosives, chemicals or some other dangerous substance; and no idea if there would be dangerous people on the scene.

Yup could have been porridge, pot noodle, cuppa soup, anything!

£5 says it was a daily mail reader that told the driver and the ex-smoker has a tan.

bikebouy
    Free Member

How do you put one of those things out?

“is confused”

redthunder
    Free Member

Dumbed down 🙁 I thought it was a moped 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

The road? The road? Where’s the friggin’ road? I hate it when people can only be arsed to do half the job….
    I have to say the sky looks a bit green in that part of the world too. 🙁

jota180
    Free Member

Could easily have been explosives, chemicals or some other dangerous substance

yeah, right

bikebouy
    Free Member

How many hours was the m6 shut for?

Lots of standing around being done I see ..
    Typical .

redthunder
    Free Member

Perhaps its on the way to London ?

olii
    Free Member

If it was explosives on the bus, I’d have been a bit concerned by the minimal distance of the passengers from the coach. Not very good protection from the fragmentation danger,

redthunder
    Free Member

It’s a human shield for the toll booths…££££££££££££££££££££££3

Northwind

mattbee – Member

Wonder if someone was using one of those electronic ciggy things?

Woo, mysticmattbee! Next time they’ll call you first.

Have to admit I’m not understanding how this happens. Someone reports something they think is suspicious, fine. Bus driver stops and evacuates everyone off bus, fine. But at some point does the person not say “Look, FFS, it’s one of those electronic ciggy things?” and show it to everyone?

project
    Free Member

But at some point does the person not say “Look, FFS, it’s one of those electronic ciggy things?” and show it to everyone?

the emergency services have to be careful, and anyway it was a nice day to test the preparedness and resilience of the emergency services.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘So whats going on with that bus on the M6?’ is closed to new replies.