Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • So, what’s Brant going to do at CRC?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Design even more in your face adverts or are we going to see CRC branded bikes?

clubber
    Free Member

I’d hope that someone like brant will be used for his bike designing skills rather than his big mouth but who knows…

nickc

I’d imagine there’ll be a line of Brant designed and branded bikes that are good value, ride well, and have an overly complex 5 piece rear end…Oh, and are in stock more than occasionally

If I was in charge of CRC, that’s what I’d be hoping for.

markenduro
    Free Member

Designing a range of bikes and accessories branded Murphy-Richards

pjt201
    Free Member

nickc – Member

…and have an overly complex 5 piece rear end.

Surely you’d rather a 7 piece rear end?

Stoner
    Free Member

5 piece seat stays he means, not rear triangle.

Ed-O
    Free Member

There will be something with 8 pieces 😉

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Killing his brand

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Designing a range of bikes and accessories branded Murphy-Richards

LOL

MrSmith
    Free Member

more importantly what new arse are the sycophants going to puckering up to?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Figurehead of company leaves before a replacement is found?

Hmmmmmm….

brant
    Free Member

Just to clarify… I’m not “going to Chain Reaction”.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is chain reaction coming to you?

druidh
    Free Member

Richards is to create a bike and accessories brand for mail-order retailer Chain Reaction Cycles.

Richards said:

“I’m spending the next couple of months either in my shed, or in Taiwan, working hard to get a lovely range of frames and components, for launch under a new brand name in early May. What I’m trying to achieve is that fast route to market, volume purchasing, great margins, all in key areas that the big brands aren’t hitting.

“And if that fails, I’ve got a backup plan of going to sell odd hats and beef jerky.”

mudshark
    Free Member

Perhaps the back up plan has already come into force? Not clear on the odd hat thing but I heard about some sort of odd sock exchange that seemed interesting.

miketually
    Free Member

On-One pricing plus the benefits of bulk purchasing could mean some very very very good value frames.

wwaswas

I imgine that the recent changes to the p-x/on-one ‘corporate structure’ were a precursor to this and it’s been on the cards for a while.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Richards is to create a bike and accessories brand for mail-order retailer Chain Reaction Cycles.

Richards said:

“I’m spending the next couple of months either in my shed, or in Taiwan, working hard to get a lovely range of frames and components, for launch under a new brand name in early May. What I’m trying to achieve is that fast route to market, volume purchasing, great margins, all in key areas that the big brands aren’t hitting.

“And if that fails, I’ve got a backup plan of going to sell odd hats and beef jerky.”

But why did he need to leave On-One to do that?

nukeproof
    Free Member

Reckon its going to be tough for On-One particularily as they’ll now be in competition with the new CRC brand thing.

One thing that did impress me with On-One was that it did keep evolving the brand from SS to 29ers to hardcore hardtails to ti hardcore hardtails. They might find a replacement frame designer but its going to take a lot to find someone who can keep that momentum going in keeping the brand current IMO and the On-One range could look tried quickly.

Coyote
    Free Member

I may be a little naive but it does come as some surprise to me that Brant wasn’t actually “Mr. On-One”. As he was very much the mouthpiece of the company and provider of much of the energy it’ll be interesting to see what happens going forward. Likewise it will be *very* interesting to see what happens with his collaboration with CRC. Maybe I’ll hold off relacing that frame just yet…

Jenga
    Free Member

Figurehead of company leaves before a replacement is found?

Hmmmmmm….

There was a post on another thread asking if a rumour about Planet X being in trouble was correct. Brant categorically denied it. Hmmm?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member

Richards said:

But why did he need to leave On-One to do that?

MONEY?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

From what i can see Brant is going it alone. Are we going to see Brant badged frames.

He will have the financial & distribution backing of CRC and also be able to supply the frames through the lbs network rather thn from his shed at present.

So Brant gets to control the design and manufacturing but gets to use the clout of CRC to bring down the costs and increase his supply chain. He will probably get more of the profits as well.

Sounds to me like Brant is lookig at the current market and thinking this is a more stable propersition than On-One. Cant blame him but it does make me think that On-One wont be able to compete, and i suspect Brant feels that otherwise he would have done a similar thing under the present On-One setup.

Make sense or a load of bollox?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

So, if Brant has his ‘own’ brand, what’s it going to be called?

Tempest Bikes/Cycles?

Could be worse.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Branticles

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Sounds to me like Brant is lookig at the current market and thinking this is a more stable propersition than On-One. Cant blame him but it does make me think that On-One wont be able to compete, and i suspect Brant feels that otherwise he would have done a similar thing under the present On-One setup.

Sounds about right.

uplink
    Free Member

The strength of US$ could well have a had a bearing on his decision

What ever the reason – good luck with the future

wors

Bran-tastic

KINGTUT
    Free Member

So the bikes will be branded ‘Shedfire’?

Clink

..so should I buy an O-O ti frame, or are you going to do something cheaper..you did mention the possibility of cheaper eastern made ti-frames a while back

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

How far off the mark am i Brant

wwaswas

“brant richard’s new venture in child labour shocker”

MrNutt
    Free Member

Mr Brant,

I’ve been patiently waiting for news on the beef jerky situation for longer than this lot and their sodding niche frames, please don’t tell me I’m gonna have to wait for CRC to hit the skids before I can get any!!!

oh the humanity!!

easygirl

always thought brant owned on-one, was he just working there?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, what a sweet little child!

But why is she not at school?

Probbly got the poor little mite working out in the shed.

That’s why On-One’s are so cheap; child labour.

richc
    Free Member

So are the Ti 456 days numbered?

VanHalen

cheap ali 456 anyone?

hora
    Free Member

Based in Calderdale- marvellous. If you need a nervous tester I can ride em’ down BluePig etc 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘So, what’s Brant going to do at CRC?’ is closed to new replies.