Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • So what we got planned for next Saturday (valentines)?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I do believe England may be involved in a bit of a rugby game, so that may be of some interest, plus derby are also at home in the fa cup.Mmm could be an interesting day…

Harry_the_Spider

Wife is at work. I’m going to drop the kids off with my mum and go out on the road bike.

I will engage Romance Mode in the evening.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ill be nursing a hangover after a client induction on friday and then boarding a flight back to the uk 🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Going bouldering in the morning with the Mrs, that’s as romantic as it’s gonna get.

everyone
    Free Member

We’ll have been together a year that day so I should probably do something! I’m planning on cooking her a nice dinner and I’m fairly sure that she’ll have plans as well.

jfletch
    Free Member

I hear Twickenham is lovely. Especially if the wife’s in sheffield

weeksy

Wife is away so I’ll be cycling and doing chores.

carlos
    Free Member

Out on the bike as usual, then out for diner for a change.

scotroutes

Probably out riding. Might even head off somewhere for the weekend. We have never bothered with this particular annual sales boost for the greeting cards industry.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

A 4×4 off-road experience…

z1ppy

We have never bothered with this particular annual sales boost for the greeting cards industry.

I’ll admit to buying a card* but will not be paying the excessive “valentines tax” on flowers or a meal out that is applied to one weekend a year

* yeah I know, Valentine’s is about tell some-one they have a secret admirer, but the g/f has kept all my valentines cards.. So I’m going to keep it up, the worst/difficult but is writing them without repeating the previous years or just sounding like some sort of love sick puppy..

docrobster
    Free Member

Jfletch I like your thinking!
    We will be driving from Calais to chambery. Wife is a reluctant skier to say the least. What could possibly go wrong?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

russ295
    Free Member

I’m heading to the airport as I type. Going snowboarding for a week.
    She’s not tho and it’s her birthday on Tuesday!
    Meal deal for 1 I recon.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Going to take my wife away and spend £70k !! Well, going to the bank to sort our mortgage out anyway. Same thing 😀
    Then friends round for lunch, rugby, football and the chance of getting any form of hanky panky depends on how much she drinks that evening !!
    I did get a card last week. There was one that had a badge saying ‘Mrs Perfect’ My mate was with me at the time and I said ‘ She’s not that, because she hasn’t packed her bags and left yet’ 😆

Marin
    Free Member

Winter climbing in the Lakes if there is anything left.

jota180
    Free Member

I’ll admit to buying a card*

I’ve managed to get to 55 without ever doing so or falling for any other Valentines related selling.

jambalaya
    Free Member

England v Italy at Twickenham with my fiancée 🙂 Plus we are not taking a full honeymoon so we can get back for the game vs France 🙂

In fairness we avoid dinners on Feb 14 as restaurants crowded and kitchens stressed. Main honeymoon timing later in the year but will be scheduled to not clash with RWC or Alps biking. I did agree not to do a skiing stag do as too much risk of re-injury to my knee so that’s a compromise, right ?

colournoise

Probably a Thai takeaway having driven up to Keswick in the afternoon for a 1/2 term week of walking, riding and relaxing. Might buy a card. We got together on the 17th February a few years ago so tend to celebrate that rather than the Valentine’s commercial festival.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

trying to stay sane knowing that the woman i love has chosen to be with a terrible person instead of me.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

So what we got planned for next Saturday (valentines)?

Sorry but youre not invited !

cookeaa

Only a fool actually takes the missus out on valentines day. Restaurants invariably over book/understaff. Offset it by a week or so, that’s what I will be doing. Might pack the kids off to Grandparents too, nice restaurant possibly trip to see a band, try to recapture some part of our vanished youth…

teethgrinder

jon1973
    Free Member

Might buy a card. We got together on the 17th February a few years ago so tend to celebrate that rather than the Valentine’s commercial festival.

Isn’t getting a card the epitome of buying in to the commercial festival?

colournoise

Guess so. Just meant as opposed to the flowers/chocs/meal stuff. Never buy an actual valentines card anyway, usually just a plain photo card.

jota180
    Free Member

Those of us that work away and stay in hotels can be thankful it’s on a weekend.

Trying to get a table at a decent time and getting served efficiently can be impossible and having to sit there and watch some of ‘Valentine’ diners is stomach turning at times.

wallop

It’s my birthday on Valentines, so it’s nice to be able to celebrate that instead of anything massively romantic!

tang
    Free Member

Putting on a race & party! With a couples relay for valentines. Food, beer, tunes, stunning location, bedpoked custom CX team and show and more. Sponsored by Castelli, ENVE & Felt so good prizes!
    http://www.lovecrossed.co.uk

crankboy
    Free Member

Celebrating big time as it crankygirls birthday and she will be back from a week working away.

MoreCashThanDash

Funnily enough, I’m going to the FA cup match at Derby with my dad and my son.

I suppose that technically MrsMC bought the tickets, so maybe that was my treat. But as the grandparents are coming up for a couple of nights we may manage a meal out or cinema Monday or Tuesday night.

momo

Driving through the night from Lincoln to Edinburgh to catch a flight to Andorra, will have her younger brother, nephew and one of my mates along for the ride, so probably not all that romantic!

evh22
    Free Member

Last year we went to the Dales Bike Centre for the weekend. Waist height snow on the ground, freezing and it rained heavily all weekend. Had to stop to warm our hands up in each others armpits. Was awesome. Who said romance was dead 😀

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Flying to Malta. No Mrs involved. And with no moaning women involved, free to indulge in some train geekery and take the train home.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘So what we got planned for next Saturday (valentines)?’ is closed to new replies.