Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • So, what have I missed then?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wotcha!

Just got back from 2 weeks in India so I'm assuming you've all sorted out what the best tyres are and convinced TJ he should always wear a helmet whilst I was away, but what else has happened?

I don't wanna feel like I missed out….. 8)

dmiller
    Free Member

Tj and ton had a good fight about bashing people over the head when the law lets you down. Ton won i think on points as tj got a roasting for being a bit limp. Some nutter tried to sell bearings to us by offending us. Same as ever. Good trip?

warton
    Free Member

Some nutter tried to sell bearings to us by offending us

But has since redeemed himself, by saying some quite sensible things at times.

uplink
    Free Member

Oh & Fred got banned again & TJ got a telling off from Mark for making it up as he goes along

as said up there ^ – nothing new

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good trip?

Errr, let's say it had highlights. I shall post pics of the best tomorrow when I've uploded them…..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh & Fred got banned again

Yeah I know: He emailed me. What did he do? Anything? I'm guessing it was a classic STW witch hunt, yes?

bullheart
    Free Member

Yup!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah. It figures. Rsoles.

hilldodger
    Free Member

It's like you never were away !!

Fred's on the naughty step and TJ finally reached escape velocity – loads of people have got shiny new things, poorly maintained borders and dodgy fences.
    Niche bikes still look fugly and money has yet again proved to be no substitute for taste.
    Stuff has been broken, shops have been castigated, tall tales have been told and someone's had trouble with tubeless tyres/setting up a mech/adjusting a headset/trimming their hose and fettling their forks.

Welcome back to nevernever land 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Niche bikes still look fugly and money has yet again proved to be no substitute for taste.

Classic line, that's STW to a tee. 🙂

What happened to TJ? Linky? 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

What happened to TJ?

Oh nothing much ! he fed five thousand people with a tin of sardines and a sliced white, turned some water into wine and solved all the problems of our agressive society in one go 😉

But, he's not the messiah he's a very……….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

…self-opinionated boy?

hilldodger
    Free Member

hardly a boy 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

Weren't Morcambe and Wise put in charge of the country, or did i dream that bit?

DezB
    Free Member

While you were away, your 'retro' rigid Kona post inspired me to resurrect my 1995 Principia. It's been used every-single-day since!!
    So cheers for that! 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

Hora invited me on a dark side ride this week.

Actually that does sound like some dodgy prison lingo. Eeeek.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

hardly a boy 😆

Well no, but I was para-phrasing Monty Python 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nice one Dez. 🙂

Thanks for the link, Uplink. 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

Think your hotmail account has a Trojan as I received an email from you address n typical Nigerian fraud lingo.

DezB
    Free Member

As above (although I presumed you had a new job 😉 )

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I don't have a Hotmail account……….. 😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don't have a Hotmail account………..

It's ok, it us you're talking to, not your missus 🙂

nickc

I'm guessing it was a classic STW witch hunt, yes?

Alternatively, most could see where it was heading, and the mods decided to just get shot of him.

zokes
    Free Member

+1 nickc

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ant and Dec are running the country
    Poor ole Bert died

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Or my alternative point of view……………..

I find it irritating that some people are allowed to get away with so much more than Fred was – racist posting, alternative log ins to get around bans and so on.

Ton has had numerous goes at winding me up and belittling me. So I really rather enjoyed ripping into him.

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    ……I learnt to walk away with my head held high and not to respond to provocation.

Except of course when you want the enjoyment of 'ripping into' someone 🙄

oldgit
    Free Member

There was a three day recall on some Sandersons with faulty tubing 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

find it irritating that some people are allowed to get away with so much more than Fred was – racist posting, alternative log ins to get around bans and so on.

Me too…..

I've noticed it as well.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘So, what have I missed then?’ is closed to new replies.