Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • So what could I expect if I were to spend about £400 on a second hand road bike?
  • geoffj

I’m thinking something like a 07 spesh allez elite or similar? And where would be a good place to look for one?

woffle
    Free Member

bikeradar classifieds? roadcyclinguk classifieds? They’re where I’d start…

oldgit
    Free Member

massive generalization mode on.

Try Cycling Weekly. I think that ‘proper’ roadies sell their old kit cheaper than the guys that bought the road bike, did’nt like it and want to recoup the costs.
    I rescued an 2004 Allez Elite for nowt that would have cost 300 quid secondhand. and that had some mods i.e carbon chainset, carbon wing bars and carbon stem, Pro Race 3’s, LOOK Keo’s and SLK saddle.
    Got a pic, but I think people are fed up of it.

will
    Free Member
    geoffj

Not mine…

yup – saw that on road cc classifieds. What sort of quality is the campag xenon stuff? I’m thinking Shimano Sora?

oldgit
    Free Member

I might have a Giant SCR Ltd in medium for sale about £250 very good nick.

geoffj

oldgit – which model / size? Pics?

2tyred

Can be a long shot, but try gumtree. I got a nice custom alu frame with full ultegra groupset and ksyrium wheels, none of which had seen more than a fortnight’s use, for a couple of quid less than you’re talking about. Chap was going away travelling and selling most of what he owned, but had left it too late for eBay. Once i realised what I’d bought, I felt a bit bad for him.

But not that bad, he was off to travel the world!

oldgit
    Free Member

Size is Medium about 5’7″ and up.
    The model is the SCR Ltd.
    Groupset is Tiagra 9 speed with a 34/50 compact.
    It has mudguard eyes.
    The front wheel shown is an Ultegra, I’ll be selling it with the original Alex.
    Currently fitted with Pro Race 2’s for racing duties.

geoffj

OldGit £250 posted and I’ll take it. I can do bank transfer or PayPal gift. Email me – stw@mtbperthshire.co.uk
    Geoff

oldgit
    Free Member

OK
    Are you in a busting rush? as I’ll need to sort a carrier and box and I only decided to sell it today.

pace@fsmail.net

geoffj

No busting rush – I’ll email you 🙂
    Geoff

MTT
    Free Member

<wipes tear from eye>

grumm
    Free Member

Fancy building something up yourself? I have a Planet X Superlight Alu medium frame and carbon forks for sale. 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

damn double post

geoffj

grumm – hopefully I’m sorted, but thanks for the offer.

Mog
    Free Member

Grumm – any more details about your frame & forks. Think I’m interested!
    philmorg@hotmail.co.uk

grumm
    Free Member

Mog you have have mail – cheers! 😛

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘So what could I expect if I were to spend about £400 on a second hand road bike?’ is closed to new replies.