Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • So what breakfast does actually fill you up until lunchtime?
  • poppa
    Free Member

I eat breakfast between 7:15-7:30 and usually get pretty ravenous by 11:00. What breakfast does actually fill you up until lunchtime, but is quick enough to eat on a busy morning, and not too painful to force down?

My biggest success is actually a big bowl Shreddies… 😳 I find porridge doesn’t work unless eaten in large quantities, which quickly becomes tiring. Any sage advice?

cinnamon_girl

Porridge – good quality oats. C’mon, how can eating be tiring?

Hohum
    Free Member

Alpen works pretty well for me, but it can also be quite tiresome to eat as well.

wooobob

Porridge, add a load of dried fruit as you make it, stir in a tablespoon of honey then whack a ‘nana on the top when it’s done. Aww yeeeeah.

carbon337
    Free Member

Porridge seems to work for a few hours for me but then after that, normally at 11 I’m starving again.

jam-bo

full english.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dorset Cereals. Although to be fair I eat something roughly every hour.

ourmaninthenorth

You have three options:

1. Proper porridghe made with whole oats, not that wallpaper paste Scotts and the like sell.

2. Eat breakfast later in the morning.

3. Own yourself with some bombers.

GrahamS

Just had my sausage and egg butty this morning.
    Usually keeps me going till lunch.

sweepy
    Free Member

Not quite lunchtime, but second breakfast usually tides me over till elevensies

hels
    Free Member

What you need is a two stage breakfast system. I eat two small breakfasts, small bowl of cereal at 0530 then a fruit scone at 0800 for morning tea. Keeps me going until first lunch at 1200.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Porrage for me. With Muscavado sugar and cream for a treat.

trickydisco
    Free Member

for the last 2 weeks i’ve had 2 poached eggs on toast (and the occasional kipper) and i’ve been full all the way until the afternooon.

I used to have cereal but was always hungry at 11.. seems to work for me

poppa
    Free Member

Ok, since I am stubbornly going to refuse to give porridge another chance, what I am getting from this thread is an excuse to add another meal to my day.

clubber
    Free Member

Porridge again for me or otherwise museli with lots of nuts in seems to keep me going for longer than other cereals.

or a steak 🙂

oddjob
    Free Member

uncooked porridge oats (the quick cook variety) seems to work better for me than cooked porridge. (very normal breakfast here in Denmark)

Having said that I am getting fatter and fatter at the moment so perhaps my advice should be avoided at all costs.

Taff
    Free Member

Two bags of porridge [oats so simple I think] does me well. Failing that, four weetabix with the sides of the bowl filled with muesli and some dried fruit sprinkled fills you up too although makes you pretty regular too!

VanHalen

porridge is puke inducingly horrid

sainsburys fruit and nut muesli for the win. any other brand is a bit crap but the saisburys one is a winner. lots of dried fruit nuts and raisins. yummy.

GW
    Free Member

big bowl and 6 weetabix

ThePilot
    Free Member

I just had left-over curry from last night. Reckon I’ll be full till dinner time.
    If porridge isn’t doing it for you, try mixing protein and carbs. Mixing them rather than just eating one food group keeps food in your stomach for longer meaning you feel full for longer.

emsz
    Free Member

Sausage sandwich loads of ketchup.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A Nature Valley granola bar at 07:30am does me til 12.45pm.

emac65
    Free Member

You lot eat like little birds -1st breakfast 5:30am – big bowl of cereal or 5-6 weetabix followed by 4 slices of toast & a banana,washed down with a mug of tea..
    2nd breakfast 10am – Another big bowl of cereal followed by a banana & then either a nutty bar or mars bar,usually the latter….
    That keeps me going till 12:30,just….

GW
    Free Member

try mixing protein and carbs

Aye, as in cereal and milk? 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Lidls muesli.

So much easier to eat a big portion than all the other mueslis – it actually contains more fruit than dust.

molgrips
    Free Member

Muesli for me. Also a bacon sandwich, beans on toast or something else cooked.

woody2000

Dare I suggest that you’re not actually ravenous, and you should perhaps learn to deal with the slight hunger pangs you feel around mid-morning. Water helps.

🙂

djglover
    Free Member

iDave would turn in his grave at this thread. If, say, he had died from eating too many pulses.

poppa
    Free Member

Dare I suggest that you’re not actually ravenous, and you should perhaps learn to deal with the slight hunger pangs you feel around mid-morning. Water helps.

Kate Moss in disguise?

iDave
    Free Member

Poached eggs, spinach and salmon steak. And there’s nothing wrong with being a bit hungry. And MTFU

imn

I find a bowl of fruit & fibre or couple slices toast (especially with peanut butter) first thing, and then a banana around 9-9.30 is usually sufficient until mid-day. Even with decent porridge I feel hungry around 11 too, and don’t fancy downing huge bowlfuls.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I eat a loaf of bread and three bowls of coco pops for breakfast. I need to lose 12 stone for my road trip to Llangdegla next summer. Where do I start?

woody2000

Kate Moss in disguise?

Nah, I’d have suggested coke and fags if I was 😀

uplink
    Free Member

You just need to eat a bit more

molgrips
    Free Member

iDave are you gonna call me back or what?

iDave
    Free Member

Yes, I am MG, despite my woman-flu and hectic lifestyle choices. Sorry, will talk later.

iDave
    Free Member

personally I see nothing wrong with a mid-morning snack

bakey

More protein seems to fill me up for longer.

Go to work on an egg?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sweepy – Member

Not quite lunchtime, but second breakfast usually tides me over till elevensies

Sounds reasonable

molgrips
    Free Member

NP.. not like I am doing much riding in this weather anyway 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘So what breakfast does actually fill you up until lunchtime?’ is closed to new replies.