Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • So this new Peugeot RCZ Coupe……
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

Michael – nothing to do with snobbery, the design language of citroen is very different from that of Peugeot.
    Irrespective of who's doing it

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Sobriety – I think it's cos Jeremy Clarkson doesn't like them. And apparently we all love Skodas nowadays, and Rover's gone, so we've got to make fun of something. Baaa, Baaa, Baaaa/

And Fiat engines? Really? Have you drive one? Pal of mine has a Corsa 1.3CDti90 and an Insignia 2.0CDTi160 (both Fiat engines). The Corsa starts with a cloud of smoke every time, and when you drive it nothing happens till 2k then it leaps forward. And I mean NOTHING happens, it's like you've stopped. And the Insignia's been back 4 times for engine related matters – he's only had it for 6 months.

sobriety
    Free Member

Hammond actually reviewed the car i have on TG, he liked it, other than the epic turbo lag…which is true…

michaelbowden

pjbarton

Your right the Pug style is very different to the revamped Citroen style, I was really trying to point out that under the skin they are they same cars.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The rubbish Pug Diesel's (1.4, 1.6, 2.0, 3.0), same engines as used in all Citroen's/Mini/Focus/Discovery/X Type/Mondeo/Range Rover/XF….

But you don't buy a car just for its engine (and granted the Pug diesel unit is rated). You buy it based on reliability, looks, build quality, depreciation costs, handling, dealer reputation etc etc etc

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Fiat make the 1.9CDTI unit used by Vx, Saab and Alfa – it's decent unit and more refined than the VAG groups 2.0TDI.

Mastilles – the engine was a very large factor in buying my car. And for anyone that buys an Alfa with the 3.2 litre V6.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mastilles – the engine was a very large factor in buying my car. And for anyone that buys an Alfa with the 3.2 litre V6.

Okay so I should have said 'not everyone buys a car…'
    🙄

And for anyone that buys an Alfa with the 3.2 litre V6.

Anyone that buys an Alfa is, by definition, into S&M and likes to be on the receiving end. 😉

stumpy01

Those Citroen desgners that are so good against the Pug ones that are so bad… They're the same people in the same office in Paris.

Those great BMW/Mini engines… RCZ/DS3/207/C3/307/C4 all use the same 1.6 Petrol engine….

The rubbish Pug Diesel's (1.4, 1.6, 2.0, 3.0), same engines as used in all Citroen's/Mini/Focus/Discovery/X Type/Mondeo/Range Rover/XF…..

They might be the same people in the same office, but Peugeot's style is completely different from Citroens…..as mentioned above.

And, I don't recall reading anything about Peugeot's engine's being rubbish……?

Badge snobbery has nothing to do with it. I drive a Seat, so hardly in a position for snobbery.
    I just think that these days Peugeot have lost the plot in terms of styling……

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I think Peugeot have lost the plot completely not just for styling.

Look at the Citroen C4/5 and 6 and the DS3 – really cool looking cars that also work well.

Now look at Pug – ermmm – a failed Ferrari copy with the 406 Coupe and that's about it. Not a single proper hot hatch, nothing innovative.

I love it when mainstream brands like Ford or Citroen come up with great cars but others just can't get it right.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The last truly great looking car that Pug did was the 205.

Edukator
    Free Member

epicsteve
    Free Member

Its a Pug. That is all…

I've only ever had one Pug (1.6 205GTi) but that was a lovely little car.

I also really don't like the looks of the TT but I do like the Sirocco. The main problem for me though is that I'd much rather buy a 2nd hand Porsche than a new version of any of them.

I'm beyond the point of caring about image with regards to cars however, so I've decided to run with relatively cheap cars (Honda's mostly) as general transport and motorbikes for fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘So this new Peugeot RCZ Coupe……’ is closed to new replies.