Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • So this just happened and its brilliant – Cotic Solaris Mk2 – steel is real.
  • drapper
    Free Member

Well I demoed the old Solaris back in April and got myself ready to buy one. In june I snapped my collar bone and been on the mend for the last few weeks. That gave me a chance to save an extra few quid toward the build. Only have her 24 hours and I’m blown away. Have had a Soul in the past and foolishy sold it.

Solaris MK2
    Reba Solo 120mm
    WTB KOM i23 rims on hope pro 2
    2016 XT – 2 x 11
    50mm thomson stems, carbon all mountain bar and seat post.
    WTB Volt pro saddle
    Hope clamp and headset.
    Conti xking rear and mtn king front!

I’m 5ft 9 in high heels and this is spot on. Rode the old one with 60mm stem this is better with a 50mm as the MK2 is 10mm longer on the top tube. I’ll report back soon. For me it was the Sherpa or SOlaris the XC lean of the SOlaris won it for me.

Marty

matt_outandabout

I like them I do…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks good Marty! Enjoy it pal.

NormalMan

I’m a big fan of my Mk1. So I’m sure the Mk2 is fantastic.

Enjoy it.

drapper
    Free Member

Thanks lads – was a terrible summer after the smash – this beauty will be well ridden over the Autumn and winter – no dropper no flats just old school xc

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks gert lush! Enjoy! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member
    drapper
    Free Member

Hahahaha @shermer75

MoreCashThanDash

What size frame for someone your height?

Just hypothetically…….

drapper
    Free Member

I got a medium – I’m 5ft 8 3/4 lol – bit of a mutant – 32 inch inseam and short body but have a decent ape index +1 lol

Small is too compact

Had a soul for 5 years sold for a chameleon and could not get on with it – this is back in the zone. The geo is spot on for Irish trails.

MoreCashThanDash

Cheers – the guys at Cotic did suggest I look at a small but I was never convinced.

One day my beloved Soul will have a bigger brother….

drapper
    Free Member

How tall are you?

MoreCashThanDash

5’9″ – nearly always a medium

drapper
    Free Member

Tbh it can take a 40mm stem too from the tech specs – but 50/60mm feels fine for me. 410mm seat needed too.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Lovely bike fella. Love my Mk1. Enjoy! Any plans to go plus size?

boxelder

Ask Santa for some 650B+ wheels for when it’s rocky. Mine gets more use than the Tallboy.

whitestone
    Free Member

Hmm, Cotic love 🙂 Kittens are being resurrected and all is well with the world 😛

MoreCashThanDash

If nothing else, it’s motivated me to go and finish the 1×11 conversion of my Soul that stalled a couple of weeks ago…

drapper
    Free Member

@KingofBiscuits yes will give it a go soon

rOcKeTdOg

Needs a touch of +

chestrockwell

That looks well.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘So this just happened and its brilliant – Cotic Solaris Mk2 – steel is real.’ is closed to new replies.