Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • So – this captured US drone..
  • druidh
    Free Member

.. the one in Iran.

If it’s supposed to be so high-tech and stealthy, why did they paint it bright yellow?

peajay

Easier to hide in custard.

Stoner
    Free Member

*US officer madly jabbing self destruct button to no effect*

Stoner
    Free Member

and how do you catch a drone? A f*** off big butterfly net?

onehundredthidiot

Probably to do with the materials used in its construction. don’t want to interfere with the RAM (radar attenuating materials). Would also hazard a guess it’s grey but under sodium lighting in a hanger somewhere.

kimbers

its cool iran can use it to build their own stealth bomber and drop nukes on everyone 😉

I dont think its a real one.
    Although they could have done a swap

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Where’s the real one ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

????// ?? ???? ???? ????? ????? ?? ??????? ?????? ????? ??? ? ????? ???? ?????? ????????? ??? ?????? ?? ???????? ?????? ????? ??????? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ???????? ?????? ??? ???? ??? ????????? ?????? ??????? ??? (???????) ??? ????? ???? ???? ????? ??? ????? ???????? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ‘???????? ?????’? ??????? ???? ??? ???? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ???? ???????????? ????? ‘???? ????? ?? ???? ?????? ??????’ ?? ???? ???? ?? ????? ???? ????? ????? ???/ ????? ???? ????? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ???????? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ????? ?????? ???? ??? ????? ????? ?? ???? ????? ???’???? ??’??????? ????? ???? ????? ??? ??? ????? ?????? ?? ????? ???? ????? ????? ???? ??? ?? ?????? ?????? ? ??????? ???? ????? ???????????? ???? ???? ?? ????? ?? ?????????? ???????? ???? ????? ?? ???? ????? ????? ?? ??????? «????» ???: ??? ?????????? ???? ????? ????? ? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ????? ? ????? ?????? ?? ?? ???? ???? ?? ????? ?????? ??? ??? ?????????? ????? ???? ?????? ????? ??? ????? ??????? ??????? ?????? ?? ???????? ???? ?????? ???????? ????? ?????? ??? ??????? ?? ???? ??????? ???? ??????

Stupid white people can’t see it’s made of styrofoam. Oh how we laugh and stroke out beards at silly nincompoops

Taken from Nasimonline.com

Dunno but it stinks of cue to invade to get their ball back

http://theamericanaudacity.blogspot.com/2011/05/nazi-germany-horten-ho-229-gotha-vs-us.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Poor mamhoud wanted the above

He’s Gutted to find out the sticker kit is missing

nasher
    Free Member

That looks nothing like a drone

more of a miniaturised B1!!!

nuke

Must resist pedantic geekery but can’t…

You mean miniaturised B2

Stoner
    Free Member

they never saw it coming

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can see someone getting the sack over that.

Water
    Free Member

Because people on the ground would never see it from that side? If a plane were above it and looking down on it maybe it blends in better in this colour?
    Edit: Hmm, just seen it’s yellow all over, that’s my idea out the window.

Stoner
    Free Member

These aren’t the drones you’re looking for.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If a plane were above it and looking down on it maybe it blends in better in this colour?

Yellow for Iranian desert sand innit ?

How high do they fly btw ?

samuri
    Free Member

Me? I’d build some self-destruct mechanism into my drones. It loses contact with mother….. BOOM. Bet the Americans did too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How high do they fly btw ?

Operating ceiling of around 50,000ft.

druidh
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    If a plane were above it and looking down on it maybe it blends in better in this colour?

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Operating ceiling of around 50,000ft.

😛

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So easily spotted by a plane patrolling at 50,000 plus feet then. Unless they paint them yellow of course.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only if they’re not flying in custard.

nuke

It would be pretty impressive and majorly embarrassing for the US if, from what it said on the BBC, that the Iranians managed to take over and land the drone. It does appear, from what we can see, fairly undamaged.

druidh
    Free Member

I suspect the only thing the Iranian Airforce have that would operate over 50,000ft would be those F-14 the yanks sold them years ago :irony:

crikey
    Free Member

Don’t trifle with the US.

vinnyeh

I’m discustard with that crikey.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I suspect the only thing the Iranian Airforce have that would operate over 50,000ft would be those F-14 the yanks sold them years ago :irony:

Or the Mig-29s the Russians sold them…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

I can see someone getting the sack over that.

That’s a bit like saying that there was “hell on*” after the assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand!

*Hell on might be a Sunderland phrase, if it is, it mean’s quite a bit of bother.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member

I’m discustard with that crikey.

It looks like it’s a desserter

CountZero

An actual RQ-170 in Kandahar.
    The colour really does look odd. UAV’s are, like all US combat jets, painted in Air Superiority Grey, because it’s a low contrast colour that blends well with haze and cloud. There’s no need to use any kind of camo colour. We painted our jets pink during the first Gulf war, because they were flying low level missions, and pink is the best colour against sand.
    That RQ-170 looks a bit fishy, the wings are taped on, and there’s a wierd mesh across the jet intake, plus there are no visible markings. The yanks aircraft all have national markings in a darker shade of grey, like ours do, and other nations using AS Grey, Canadians for example.
    They might have been better off flying these:

martinhutch

It’s obviously a fake. Sentinel drones look like this.

nasher
    Free Member

Oooops

I was obviously wrong….on both counts.

I was right a plane geek in my teens…

5thElefant
    Free Member

A british spy plane (sometime ago).

richc
    Free Member

Me? I’d build some self-destruct mechanism into my drones. It loses contact with mother….. BOOM. Bet the Americans did too.

you missed out …. and then outsource it to the lowest bidder and wonder why it doesn’t work

willard

Self destruct is a nice plan, but what happens if you find a way to interrupt comms via satellite (dazzling it perhaps)? You’d then have a lot of hardware thinking it had lost contact and self destructing…

Also, _if_ it was hacked, it hadn’t lost comms with mother. It just had a new mother.

CountZero

A british spy plane (sometime ago).

Sponsored by Breakthrough Breast Cancer…
    That is a very pink Spit, Desert Storm colours were a bit dustier looking, I think.

A bit more yellowey.

Self destruct is a nice plan, but what happens if you find a way to interrupt comms via satellite (dazzling it perhaps)? You’d then have a lot of hardware thinking it had lost contact and self destructing…

Also, _if_ it was hacked, it hadn’t lost comms with mother. It just had a new mother.

The rq45 (globalhawk)is completely autonomous.These rq170 may also feature an completely autonomous system as much as, its 2nd generation and obsolete already.

Thats the second one the iranians stole this year though….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Regardless of all that; what is the US doing flying spy planes over another nation without it’s permission?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Light colours, seen from below, are less visible?

Or it’s just a fake.

Regardless of all that; why dont the Iranians just fly drones over the US.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘So – this captured US drone..’ is closed to new replies.