Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So, the dollar is dropping as the potential for a Trump presidency increases….
  • Daffy

Does this mean that if he wins, the exchange rate will go back to normal…at least vs the dollar? Every cloud and all that 🙂

frankconway

If he wins the forecast from many economics ‘experts’ in US is that global market instability will follow; some talking about recession so everyone loses.

jambalaya
    Free Member

IMO. Not sure we will see much Economic impact here in short term. US/EU TTIP will be dead. Biggest changes will around NAFTA so Canada and Mexico in particular. China too.

As he is so “out there” we don’t really know what to expect

mickmcd
    Free Member

they said all this about us leaving europe and look what happened….. ➡

ill get me coat but i wanted to at least get one “does every thread have to mention brexit”

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mick molgrips will be furious you’ve beaten him to it !

GrahamS

US/EU TTIP will be dead

Seems to be pretty much dead in the water already (thankfully I think, based on what little we know about it).

Though I’m quite sure our government will be gagging to sign us up to the post-EU equivalent if the US offers it. 🙁

jimjam
    Free Member

What do you mean “as the potential for a Trump presidency increases….” every time I read the Trump thread aggressively shouty insistent people are certain he won’t win.

5thElefant
    Free Member

They don’t get a vote 😆

Now neck and neck and the vast majority of bets are being placed on Trump. Just one more Clinton scandal and he’s in.

ninfan
    Free Member

the dollar is dropping as the potential for a Trump presidency increases.

Have a look at the Mexican Peso 😆

kimbers

ninfan – Member
    Have a look at the Mexican Peso

yeah coz a currency crisis is hilarious

just like that other vote that shall not be named, maybe it will take a self inflicted economic crash to make people realise that demagogues spouting populist bullshit arent actually good for anyone, especially not the dissafected and left behind

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Short term USD will fall.

But then as a “safe haven” it may well rally if the world economy falters.

And long term with his planned tax cuts for US companies all those profits held over seas by Apple, Google etc will make there way back home and the USD will appreciate even more.

One thing is for sure even with GBP on it knees trips the Mexico will become cheaper 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Now neck and neck and the vast majority of bets are being placed on Trump. Just one more Clinton scandal and he’s in.

Your confusing the popular vote with the way to win the presidential race. Al gore also won the popular vote. Money still on Clinton http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=2016-senate-forecast
    But Trump closing in.
    One more Trump scandal and he is finished….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So, the dollar is dropping as the potential for a Trump presidency increases….’ is closed to new replies.