Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So that's it, then. I'm officially past it.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Got my “winter fuel allowance” form through the post yesterday (whilst I was out trail-riding in 30c heat).

Now I have that and the bus pass, I suppose that means I should start behaving as if I was actually older than the 18 I feel like (plus a few aches and pains). 😆

MrOvershoot

My wife says if you can still do it “do it”

rossi46
    Free Member

You’re only as old as the woman you feel…… 😉

wonderchump
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Use your Winter Fuel Allowance for a new set of winter tyres later in the year and shred – Age is a state of mind.

MrSparkle

Thanks for making a 50 year old feel a bit younger too. Good work! ;0)

curvature
    Free Member

Well done Sir, that has made me smile.

My parents have just suggested I should slow down a bit after I showed them my injuries from a ather fast crash I had last week at Long Mynd.

I’m 44 and look forward to getting older and riding too!

pennine
    Free Member

Welcome to the ‘club’, been in it for 6yrs now! Still bike and walk the Yorkshire Dales & Lakeland fells. Had to give up climbing due to frozen shoulder. Unless physio manages to free it that is.

lungman

After my latest crash and some sore ribs my bother informed me last night that I was too old for playing about on a bike and I’m gonna regret it later when I get arthritis. I’m only 43 so my response to my quite over weight brother was I’m going to ride as long as I can doing drops and jumps etc cos the alternative is type 2 diabeties and sore knees from carrying too much weight 🙂 bazzinga

MrWoppit
    Free Member

so my response to my quite over weight brother was I’m going to ride as long as I can doing drops and jumps etc cos the alternative is type 2 diabeties and sore knees from carrying too much weight bollox to that, bruv

😀

brooess
    Free Member

I want to be one of those 70+ old biffers who still goes out on a Sunday and does 50+ miles.
    Slowing down is no way to live life! At 40 I’m fitter and faster than I’ve ever been

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Follow a dude on Strava who is close to 60, he’s still smashing me on sprints and on one climb in particular that I’ve been having a proper go at! He also got knocked off his bike at start of year so probably isn’t as strong as he would normally be, most embarrassing….

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Congrats woppit. Keep riding.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So that's it, then. I'm officially past it.’ is closed to new replies.