Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • So. That's a year gone. Almost. How's the last 12 months been for you?
  • captaincarbon
    Free Member

Started a new career 😀
    Met an amazing lady. 😀
    Got engaged. 😀
    Had 2 late miscarraiges 😥
    Just bought a new house 7 years after losing the old one in a very messy divorce. 😀
    Bought a new MTB after 10 years 😀
    Watched my boy play his first game of rugby 😀

Way more ups than downs… That’ll do me just fine!

trickydisco
    Free Member

what new career captaincarbon?

lowey

Utterly shit. Cant wait to see the arse end of this year.

Wife announced she was leaving in January, Mum died in February, Nan in Law died the night before my mums funeral. Gave up weekend mountain biking so I could have my kids every weekend.

Hate my Job, Skint.

Still, got a new bike, I’m healthy and have two wonderful daughters who I love more than anything in the world.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Was a Butcher trickydisco, now a Podiatrist.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

…have two wonderful daughters who I love more than anything in the world.

This really is all that matters. I am stunned at how I approach my life now I have children.

yossarian
    Free Member

2011 has been busy to say the least

Moved house in late january and have spent a lots of time, effort and money on getting the new place sorted. So much to do that it barely looks like we’ve touched it.

Took on a whole load more responsibility at work, now managing 15 people, with all of the joy that it brings. Actually despite the mayhem I ‘ve decided I really like managing people. Never thought I would.

Started a work related masters degree in March which massively eats into both my work and homelife. Beginning to think it was a bad idea but we’ll see.

Watched in amazement as my two boys continue to grow and develop. As MF and others have said, nothing else relly matters that much in comparison.

Sorry to hear about the troubles that others have faced, I’ve been pretty lucky of late I suppose. To all those with difficult things to deal with and with grief to overcome, good luck and may the sun shine on your face.

ransos
    Free Member

In 2010 we were trying to start a family. The result is that in 2011, I’ve had much less sleep and much less sex, but in all other respects my life is immeasurably better through the sheer joy that is my new daughter.

ton

my last 12 or so months has been the worst 12 months of my life thru medical reasons.

all better now tho……… 8)

bigyinn
    Free Member

The last year has been pretty good overall.
    Moved house a year ago today, cheaper rent, nicer area, nicer neighbours + bigger house.
    Still enjoying riding my bike, did a ride I’ve wanted to do for years.
    son started proper school.
    All mostly good.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

ton – Member
    my last 12 or so months has been the worst 12 months of my life thru medical reasons.
    all better now tho………
    POSTED 34 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Xx big boy!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    I had a brain seizure

But hey ho

LOVING that attitude.

Cheers. The way I see it is that although life can sometimes deal you with a shitty stick, it’s how you wipe it clean that matters 8)

derekrides
    Free Member

It’s been the worse 12 months of my life, probably losing the sight in one eye if I don’t slow down a bit, (something to do with potential retina detachment through myopia and stress, don’t ask, I’m ignoring it if it happens it will) lost two mates to cancer and mother to old age bless her, work is at an all time low, lost my favorite dog and replaced it with a total nightmare, but I have rediscovered bikes in a good way so some compensation. Sorry to read of all your issues funny how you don’t realise everyone else has sh1t in their lives, you tend to think it’s only you..

jedi

_tom_ – Member

2011 has been awesome for me so far Lost a load more weight and am now almost a “normal” size (just need to get rid of the remainder of the manboobs and love handles). Spent my summer in Whistler but probably home next weekend unless I get a job in the next few days. Riding has improved so much out here, all the Jedi skills have properly sunk in and I’m so confident in the air and off drops now! May have opportunity for a job at a tv studio when I get home, a few of my mates work there and their seniors say I shouldn’t have a problem getting it!

high5 tom 🙂

ericemel
    Free Member

Got married, went on an epic honey moon, 1 ski trip, got 2 new bikes and have just ordered a new car.

Been an epic year

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Started the year getting back in to biking after a few years of loosing interest in it.

Broke my wrist in April, was off the bike for a 10 weeks, back on the bike briefly before injuring my knee, off the bike, bought a new bike (the best I’ve ever had) got proper flu, got Pneumonia 5 weeks ago, probably not back on the bike before Xmas…

lunge

Good
    Got engaged to a wonderful girl who likes me as I am and doesn’t try to change me.
    Sorted my job out and now earn a couple of quid more and feel a whole lot more satisfied.
    Had a brilliant 2 week road trip around souther Europe
    Sorted myself out financially after buying a house and sailing a little close to the wind last year

Bad
    Had to disband a football team that I started 10 years ago with some close friends
    Had “that” chat with the above fiancee about children and agreed we were both on the same page…only for 3 months later me to be thinking I may not have been quite so sure it is the right page for me
    Have barely ridden my bike, lost he mojo at the end of last year and have yet to find it again.
    Got a bit fat due to the lack of football and lack of cycling

So, overall not bad but still room for improvement!

ourmaninthenorth

I am amazed at the candour here. It is refreshing. *high fives everyone*

It’s not in my nature to reveal too much about how I feel, though it’s fair to say that I have stared straight at (and survived) career doom, got fat/now getting thinner, become a parent, moved house and found out an awful lot about who and what I am.

sobriety
    Free Member

It’s been a mixed year,

Bought a house – Good
    Split up with missus shortly after buying house together – Bad
    Rode bike more this year than in the last 7 with said missus – Good
    Lost a couple of stone (thankyou iDave) – Good
    Mum phoned last night and told me she has incurable lymphoma – Bad

I’m not sure 2012 will be any better or worse to be honest…

tobysdad
    Free Member

I’ve had a great year so far, compared with previous years anyway.
    My boys are a year older (5 and 1)and both in good health
    My wife was okay with me backpacking round the Isle of Rum for a week with two mates, I’ve wild camped in the Lakes in the summer and Wensleydale in deep snow in January. I’ve done a few bike bivis too on the road bike.
    I got my orange belt in Aikido and am testing for green in November.
    Ran my first half marathon in September
    I started eating meat for the first time in 12 years, with no regrets whatsoever.
    Went to End of the Road festival with my lovely wife and left the kids with the grandparents.
    Hired a self catering cottage for seven nights in Cornwall for £300 in August!!!
    Made loads of bread!
    Started a blog about being a working dad and trying to remain free.
    On the downside my wife put up with a lot of crap from her work and her awful boss, but she handed her notice in last month 🙂

And just to throw it in, I’m looking forward to a backpack in edale over the weekend, and 8 days on Isle of Jura in Feb 2012.
    And if my wife gets a new job (interview tomorrow)I’ll be getting rid of my heavy old Norco Sasquatch and either getting a new hardtail or a second hand full susser in March!

lodious
    Free Member

I’ve cut down on the amount I drink…..life feels a lot better now 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘So. That's a year gone. Almost. How's the last 12 months been for you?’ is closed to new replies.