Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • So some firemen saved some pigs and subsequently got sausages made from them..
  • dannyh
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ms2LFOljMIA[/video]

Cougar

If everyone is so determined to completely miss my point, I give up.

I thought it was pretty obvious what you were saying, FWIW. You kinda had to read the whole post rather than just the first sentence though.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

If the FB PR people had spun it as heroic firefighters “prevent pork being over-cooked” rather than “prevent pigs being killed” there would have been no fuss.

The more important issue, surely, is do Fire engines carry red sauce or brown sauce?

Drac

I completetly missed your point. 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    I completetly missed your point.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

It’s ok. I’m quite often pointless anyway.

dannyh
    Free Member

Another triumph for outsourcing to the private sector:

G4S ‘run’ a detention centre

CountZero

The point of putting up a pic of King Canute was to draw a comparison to the mods’ job of holding back a tide of ignorance, stupidity and entrenched opinions and to do so with a straightforward and sensible refutation is probably a waste of time.

What Cnute was doing was showing the power of kings was nothing compared to the power of God; he could try to command the sea to go back, but only God had the power to do so.
    Amounts to much the same on here, I guess…

CountZero

I’m not even a vegan or veggie and I think this is a ridiculous thing to write.

Why?
    And I think it was comments from PETA that I’d seen, rather than random vegans/vegetarians who were upset. I don’t read newspapers, just odd newspaper features that aggregate on Flipboard, so it’s quite possible some context had been missed.
    But I still ask the same question: if, as vegans wish, everyone were to forgo meat and turn vegan/vegetarian, what does happen to all the livestock? Serious question, because nobody would continue to look after huge numbers of animals where there’s no financial compensation, i.e. being sold for food, or do they go for slaughter, and then what?
    I honestly don’t think it’s ridiculous to ask this question in the context of the likes of PETA, who are pretty much against any animal being used by humans in any way, even as pets, let alone bred for food, getting upset by this incident.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘So some firemen saved some pigs and subsequently got sausages made from them..’ is closed to new replies.