Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So Saab has filed for bankruptcy…
  • wallop

…what happens to warranties in this situation?

Which car manufacturer is next, I wonder?

paddy0091
    Free Member

I thought Spyker were in ownership?

amplebrew

I think it’s a real shame about Saab and feel for the workers when it’s GM themselves that have put the brakes on the Chinese deal; purely so they didn’t pass on their technolgy.

Whatcar link

matt_outandabout

Agreed – Saab seems to have been a truly innovative and alternative choice from the blandness that we seem to enjoy. That and 80s and 90s Saab’s are some of the coolest cars around…

aP
    Free Member

They’ve been selling rebadged Vectras for 10 years though, made in Germany too.
    Sad, but Saab still exists – just not in car production.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My second car was pretty much identical to this one. Still my favourite car. Sad to see them go. The cars they had in the pipeline looked good.

grantway
    Free Member

Such a shame to see SAAB going then has they have been in the hands of receiver practitioners
    for a while now.
    Loved my SAAB 900i years a go in Dark metallic Grey with Grey Buffalo Leather interior

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve had two, loved them both, even though they both blew up.

amplebrew

Back in 78/79 they were making a turbo hatchback with around 145bhp; that’s pretty cool.

Dark-Side

Shame, I like driving our 9-3, and our other car is a Volvo so I guess we are fans of Swedish cars (not too surprising as my wife is Finnish).

Saab in pictures

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I had a 900 like dds. It was rugged and reliable. I loved the ergonomics and space. It was huge inside. Engine access was brilliant. Everything was DIY repairable. My ex wife crashed it along a dyke, and I hit a Peugeot 406 with it. The Peugeot crumpled from the rear bumper to the rear door. The Saab broke a headlight and creased the bonnet. Neither the bumper nor the crumple support was damaged. I fitted a second hand headlight and bonnet and everything lined up perfectly. Attributes I doubt you’d find in a modern day car.

Sad to see such an individual marque go down the pan.

amplebrew

Wonder if the proper (pre GM) Saabs will start to appreciate in value.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I loved the ergonomics and space. It was huge inside.

That’s what I remember most – how nice it felt to sit in and put the key down to your left hand side. And Jeebus, the stuff I fitted in the back of it. Oh, and sliding the bonnet forward and up was cool too. 🙂

mmb
    Free Member

i doubt if the pre gm saabs will go up in value but it would be nice seeing as i still have my 16yr old 9000 cse.

amplebrew

You never know, it might be a little gold mine in another year.

This time next year Rodney….. 😀

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Really liked my 900 and I even liked the post GM 93 and 95 I had.

Drove lots of others over the years, including a bonkers 9000 Aero with LSD and silly tyres that my boss bought. Always quite fancied a 9000 turbo (incredibly solid feeling cars), but never got round to it.

Pity for the workers and company as a whole.

amplebrew

You’d like to think that GM would make sure that the Saab workers were safe, bearing in mind that it’s GM themselves that have stopped the sale.

I wouldn’t hold my breath though 🙁

Marge
    Free Member

You’d like to think that GM would make sure that the Saab workers were safe, bearing in mind that it’s GM themselves that have stopped the sale.

I wouldn’t hold my breath though

Indeed – it’s quite nasty what they did to Saab.

I’m meeting with some ex-Saab employees tomorrow in Goteborg so I’ll see what they have to say about this latest step..

amplebrew

From Whatcar –

The company had been in discussions with Chinese car makers Pang Da and Youngman, although Saab’s previous parent company, General Motors (GM), threatened to cut access to vital technology and the supply of the 9-4X SUV if a deal was signed. GM has a joint-venture in China with a rival Chinese car maker.

I wonder what vital technology GM have that is so important, it would stop a sale.

I’d imagine that Pang Da and Youngman could already make a car that’s better than GM’s latest creations.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So Saab has filed for bankruptcy…’ is closed to new replies.