Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • So phone upgrade due – iPhone or HTC One S
  • topangarider
    Free Member

As the title really. Prob about £20 a month for the HTC or £25 for the iPhone.

Don’t know too much about the iphone really.

Thoughts?

zokes
    Free Member

P’raps wait about 4 hours for the iPhone 5 to be released?

topangarider
    Free Member

defo won’t be able to afford that – well I guess I won’t.

Is it worth the wait? What’s so hot about it?

zokes
    Free Member

That its probable the 4S will be somewhat cheaper for a while before it’s completely phased out

stumpyjon

BBC website doesn’t think the 5S will be particularly special. I’ve had both iPhone and Android, iPhones are nice but to me not worth the premium. (got an HTC sensation XE at the moment and been very happy with, cost a lot less than the iPhone 4S as well).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The iPhone6 is due soon.

😉

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I like my iPhone 4s, but , my son’s Galaxy S2, on a great deal from Tmobile, with cashback from quidco, is really impressive

Jamie
    Free Member

The iPhone6 is due soon.

As well as CFH’s originality chip….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nah, that’s long overdue, Jamie! 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Is it not possible that the 4S will remain available for those who don’t want the larger screen/format?

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it not possible that the 4S will remain available for those who don’t want the larger screen/format?

Yup. They will offer a version with reduced storage, like they did with the iPhone 4 8GB and 3GS 8GB when the 4S and 4 were released respectively.

GrahamS

Quite likely I suspect. Historically they’ve kept the previous model available and supported, as a cheaper/budget option.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Personally, I find iPhones too locked down. I prefer the customisable nature of android phones.

However, if you’re on Vodafone and use a sure signal, there may be compatability issues with the one s.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My plan was to get an iPhone 5 but I was offered a good deal on a 4S so took it (previously I’ve had a 3 and a 4 but at the time was on a rubbish old blackberry). I am sure the 5 will be a step forward but the 4S is a great device, I use that term intentionally as I hardly make/receive any phone calls. I use my iPhone for text, email, web browsing and apps inc Skype (so super cheap phone calls abroad via WiFi).

IMO the iPhone is the absolute market leader. Everyone else is trying to play catch up. I have no doubt some of the competitors have individual features which are better than the iPhone but as an all round package to me it’s the best.

I confess we are now an Apple household (5 people), computers, phones and iPad. This is due to the fact the devices work very well and connect together effortlessly, much much better than the comparison. The sort of thing I get a kick out of is streaming YouTube, Vimeo, BBC iPlayer to my TV using the iPhone as the browser and AppleTV (£100)

deviant
    Free Member

I’ve got the One-S, its great and has largely slipped under the radar due to the hype around the quad-core Galaxy-S3 and One-X.

Glass front and metal unibody to the sides and back, it’s as well built as anything on the market, lovely premium feel to it, ultra thin too, less than 8mm….sits unobtrusively in the pocket, not too big at 4.3 inch screen, great battery life, understated in matt black.

I’m a phone geek and usually cant wait to move onto the next big thing but i’m completely happy with the One-S and not itching to change yet which is rare for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘So phone upgrade due – iPhone or HTC One S’ is closed to new replies.