Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • So now I've cancelled sky, and i have no ariel, how do I watch telly? Options.
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

NowTV?

Internet options

Virgin Cable

Talk Talk when not hacked

FreeSat via Sky

Ride more?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i don’t have a TV.

Best thing i ever did.

I watch the odd tv show when i have time and the odd sport on the lap top via some very good sites.

StirlingCrispin

I did the same thing a few years ago:

Buy a Humax Freesat box – just plug it into the old satellite cables.
    Takes minutes and gives you the non-Sky channels, many in HD (which Sky make you pay for), and you can also record programmes.

Buy a Chromecast – this lets you watch iplayer / itvplayer/ Netflix etc from your phone or tablet. We now watch most of our TV this way now.

wicki
    Free Member

So does any one have any experience of “Open Box” receivers or sites where i might learn more?

welshfarmer

I bought an old sky dish for a fiver off Ebay about 10 years ago and run it with a cheap satellite receiver from Maplins together with one of their motorised turners. I get all the free to air UK channels and all the free to air German channels too (wife is German). Does mean I get Eurosport and all the F1 races live for free 🙂

Recently the motor stuck on the German satellite so I have been watching anything interesting on the UK channels via the computer and casting to the TV if I feel the urge to watch big screen. Works fine.

squealer
    Free Member

Wicki,

I’m not sure this is the same thing but I have a box from a place called Munster gadgets that’s basically kodi and other streams pre loaded and gets updated each mont by the seller via a download.

It’s fantastic.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘So now I've cancelled sky, and i have no ariel, how do I watch telly? Options.’ is closed to new replies.