Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • So my tumble drier was on for 48 hours
  • barrykellett
    Free Member

Went out to get the bike for the commute this morning only to discover it had slipped forward somehow and the handlebar was pushing against the timer on the tumble drier – which has been on for 48 hours because of it.

How much is this going to cost me?!

It was on the low heat if it makes any huge difference

😯

Stoner
    Free Member

you Polar Bear killer!

PJ266
    Free Member

you Polar Bear killer!

+1

You now need to go and plant at least 50 trees to make up for this indiscretion.

But in all seriousness, it will probably cost you about £400. Sorry to be the one to tell you this.

brant
    Free Member
    barrykellett
    Free Member

Cheers Brant, you've immediately cured a potential period of insomnia between now and the next bill coming in.

I'll go and plant a few trees now…

slugwash
    Free Member

TBH if I'd arrived home and found that I'd left the tumble dryer on for 48hrs I'd just be relieved that the house hadn't burnt down!

http://www.nwales-fireservice.org.uk/page.asp?page=NEWS&akey=2955&ctype=1

barrykellett
    Free Member

That was also stuck in my head the whole way in this morning, its out in the garage, but the inferno would have melted the bikes if it had have went up. It must have some switch in it that turns it off if it reaches a certain temperature?

chvck
    Free Member

If it was empty then I'd guess it wouldn't cost you much, in my experience tumble driers only start to cost stupid amounts of money if you overload them. A couple of years ago I overloaded one a fair bit and could actually see the electricity meter moving at quite a worrying rate!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Agreed, I'd say you'd got off fairly lightly all things considered. 🙂

Sandwich

Get some new bearings fitted to that meter sharpish. That will be the next thing to cause a fire 😀

emac65
    Free Member

I'd think I was in the wrong house if our tumble drier wasn't going.With 3 kids & this weather it always seems to be on.. 🙁

duntmatter
    Free Member

emac65
    Free Member

There's not even a washing load worths there & it would take over 24 hrs to dry,LOL 😆

jimmy

Are you pricing in the externalities? Otherwise, polar bear killer +1.

duntmatter
    Free Member

There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth, only crew.

barrykellett
    Free Member

I'm really sorry, especially to that bear in particular.

I will plant a few polar bears too, I promise

Keva
    Free Member

Years ago a mate of mine went on holiday to Australia for three weeks. When he arrived back home he told me he walked into the house and thought to himself 'mmm.. wierd, bit warm in here' then discovered he'd left the oven on !

Kev

hora
    Free Member

People wash their clothes on here? 😯

monkeychild
    Free Member

Why does that Polar bear look like he is dry humping that bit of ice 😆

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

barrykellett – Member

I'm really sorry, especially to that bear in particular.

I will plant a few polar bears too, I promise

a crack squad of polar bears is on it's way form a recent training camp in Germany to make sure you don't do this again. This woman left her hair straighteners on for 2 months

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dont know about all of them but most have a method of switching off the heater when the clothes are dry (humidity sensing) – this will kill all but the motor which will be relatively cheap to run, so I'd not worry.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘So my tumble drier was on for 48 hours’ is closed to new replies.