Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • So my son went to the LBS to get his shock fixed & they gave him…….
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A Cornish pasty, while he was waiting cos he was hungry.

That nice shop in Guisborough.

The shock had been serviced a couple of months ago but suddenly lost pressure last weekend so he went back. Looked at/fixed while he waited/pasty, all F.O.C.

That’s good service that is.

devash
    Free Member

Bike Scene?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Bike Scene?

Probably.

ste_t
    Free Member

That’s brilliant. Any lbs that gave me pasties would have my business for life. (As long as they had some HP sauce to go with it.)

nick1962
    Free Member

Did he get any pudding?

cbike
    Free Member

Brilliant – I saw a wee lad and his grandparents struggling with swapping his pedals for new clip ons, on the meadows today. One was well stuck on, corroded and I’m not sure if they were taking into account thread direction differences. (I cant remember either unless i have just done it) Their spanner was made of cheese. I helped, had a go but ordered a stop and immediate google of local bike shop to avoid any damage. Gave advice on first outings with clips ( you will fall off while stationary)…..He did.

No forks fitted backwards spotted recently though….

mattyfez

That’s good, my lbs is run by a right grumpy old git, so I buy stuff off the net rather than use his shop, it’s less hassle and cheaper!

grtdkad

Love Bikescene. Fab customer service always.

….just a shame I live so far away from them now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If binners ran bike shops…….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What a right bunch of arses, making kids eat junk food. It’s all that’s wrong with the bike trade….

Come Friday my lbs would probably offer you a beer while you waited

taxi25
    Free Member

I suppose it’s a nice thing, and if the op’s son enjoyed the pasty thats all good 😀 But do people normally stand around bike shops eating pasties ? Even if I was hungry, I’d feel a right dork standing there dropping crumbs and sticking food in my face !! Just fix my shock please :D.

orena45

Hope it wasn’t a Ginsters pasty.

If it was, they weren’t being as generous as you think they were… 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Not realy a healthy option considering its a bike shop………..

nuke

Good on them 😀

Though don’t get why you wouldn’t say/comfirm who tbe LBS was…they did a good thing, right? Credit where its due 😕

bearnecessities

Offering him some steamed broccoli would be weird though.

piemonster

It’d be ok if the Broccoli was drowned in cheese sauce

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Yes it was BikeScene. Craggsy gave him the pasty (knowing Craggsy it was probably out of date….Just joking Andy)

It was a special ‘energy pasty’

I’m pleased he wasn’t offered beer seeing as he travels 30 miles in the car to get there.

Sancho
    Free Member

we were handing out sausage rolls today, but we did have condiments, not quite a pasty though 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘So my son went to the LBS to get his shock fixed & they gave him…….’ is closed to new replies.