Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • So my new Canyon Clown bike turned up…..
  • monkeyboyjc

Ordered 2weeks ago with an esitmated 4 week delivery – that got shortened and it arrived today! it took 24hrs to get from German to English soil, and then 36 for UPS to deliver it to me in Bristol from the Bristol Depo 1mile away from my house! Typical
    First impresion are good – first ride wont be untill tomorrow after work though.
    I’ve already changed the stem to a lighter Ritchey 260, saddle to a Fizik Kurve (which will be interesting….), and i was going to change the chainset to a BB30 Sram XX i had. However, even after emailing Canyon and asking if the BB shell will be compatible with a XX BB30 chainset and gettting the ‘Yes’ email back – it turns out its a shimano standard press fit 24mm…. bummer

Other than that it looks great – the seat tube/bb/downtube interface is Huge!

awaits comments on shed / garden…

timbur
    Free Member

Change gear man for god sake!

😆

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Fantastic.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bit dodgy clamping the TT there ain’t it?

Nice bike BTW. How did you make the work stand disappear in the 2nd photo?

lucien

Change cables to white ones, and tool shed / storage area waaaaaahhhy too tidy 😯

It’s a great bike tho’

monkeyboyjc

Bit dodgy clamping the TT there ain’t it?

work stand is attached to the door – open the door, put it on the latch, pull down the work stand… 😀 was fine on my other bikes – but because its a bit close to the house so i have to squeeze around teh back of the bike. May have to clamp around the seat post now.

def wont change to white cables – far to bling for me….

Also the white ‘Canyon’ decal under the down tube is a huge piece of protection tape – very nice bit of detail.

enigmas
    Free Member

Great bike, brilliant spec and definately one of the nicest looking 29ers out there imo 😀

cheers_drive

Git, I ordered mine in Jan and it’s hasn’t been dispatched yet 🙁
    Due next week apparently 😀
    Edit: Double git I notice your in Bristol too so I won’t be the only person with one here 😉
    What size is yours?

monkeyboyjc

what size? medium?

bellys
    Free Member

I like that looks nice.

br
    Free Member

I nearly bought one of those Ritchey stems, until realising that the On One cnc ones were reduced to £20 and weighed the same 🙂

Is that seat at the right height for you?

monkeyboyjc

sunline ones on CRC were down to 25 as well – but i wanted to stick with Ritchey bars and stem. Was only £50 though.
    and yeah, its the right height – i’m only 5’10″…

rOcKeTdOg

i’d put better security on that door

monkeyboyjc

padlocked, alarmed and giant chain for the bike with a wall&floor anchor…. 😉

cheez0
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpt4jvJeXFc[/video]
    Earworm.

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Nice but brake angles??

DT78
    Free Member

This is on my current wants list will be really interested in your ride review. At just a smidge under 6 foot I,m wondering what size would be best for me, plus how the dt forks are compared to the slighlty more expensive fox equipped version

monkeyboyjc

Nice but brake angles??

yeah i noticed that on the photos – had only just built it, so it needs a bit of tweeking.

interested in your ride review

i’ll give you a quick 1st impressions review after my ride tomorrow night – it is my 1st 29er though.

monkeyboyjc

Edit: Double git I notice your in Bristol too so I won’t be the only person with one here
    What size is yours?

mines a med – well have to meet up at Ashton / Leigh some time and be matching bike buddies 😉

DT78
    Free Member

You,ll need to buy matching lycra too 🙂

monkeyboyjc

well i ride naked so thats out…. 😆

speaker2animals

Very nice and certainly on the wish list.

speaker2animals

Are the forks the Mg lowers? I imagine so at the price of the bike. VBery tempting!

monkeyboyjc
    andyl46
    Free Member

Mine has also arrived, but I think my C456 has just had its way with my (aherm) road bike and the canyon arrived…

And, yes, the fence is in a shocking state…

kayak23

Thats very nice, kind of puts me in mind of this.

🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

andyl46 – Member

And, yes, the fence is in a shocking state…

Virginia?

wilko1999
    Free Member

flatboy – brilliant 😆 although I think they are favouring lethal injection more these days

Nice bike btw…

squiff
    Free Member

Am well-gell 😥 thats the bike I am wanting next

Potter
    Free Member

very very nice that is

monkeyboyjc

Ok – just back from the 1st ride…
    and i can safely say i’m now a compleate 29er convert…
    bear in mind my last bike was a 26″ ‘shopper’ though:linky so its a contrast to say the least.

I’ve riden a couple 29er before – but only in a around the car park and ‘can i have a go for the next 100yrds’ kinda way. First impression is this thing is fast! it just begs for speed – i did a couple laps at Ashton Court, quite a few times found myself haveing to grab handfulls of brake (un bedded i), as i was going far too quick in some sections… none of this ‘it’ll handle slow’ or it’ll be like a gate, its def quicker than my old 26″ carbon race bike (prior to the shopper).
    Forks are great, plenty stiff – not the supplest of rides at the mo, but i’m sure they’ll bed in well.
    This bike loves going fast though – loads of grip on the ups and not a bit of the big wheel feel on the pump track like sections. Here and there, where the woops are tightly spaced, i had to hop though as uposed to pump – purely due to wheel size. But I lost all doubts that i had… its just a great fun bike!
    i do have a numb bum from the saddle though 😳 , but i was expecting that…

scottishbadger
    Free Member

What chainrings did yours come with? The 36/22 specced on the website seems a bit ‘limp’.

Mine’s on its way!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What chainrings did yours come with? The 36/22 specced on the website seems a bit ‘limp’.

29ers need lower gears to help cary our ego’s up the hill because the rear wheel is 10% biggger (36 * ~1.1 = ~40).

How did DT manage to make a set of 100mm forks with a rider weight limit, weigh more than my 150mm sektors?

monkeyboyjc

Will double check when I get home, but 1st gear was very, very week from memory.

scottishbadger
    Free Member

Yeah, I ride 40/28 at the moment (‘man’s gears’ as Njee would say) – but Canyon won’t change. Fair enough – I’ll give it a go.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

How did DT manage to make a set of 100mm forks with a rider weight limit, weigh more than my 150mm sektors?

Hardly

Nice bike btw monkeyboyjc.

monkeyboyjc

Mine’s on its way!

yep 36/22 – i’m changing the chainset on mine soon anyway

Nice bike btw monkeyboyjc

thanks…

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah, I ride 40/28 at the moment (‘man’s gears’ as Njee would say) – but Canyon won’t change. Fair enough – I’ll give it a go.

Er no, man’s gears is a single ring. 38t on a 29er. MTFU.

phil.w
    Free Member

and then 36 for UPS to deliver it to me in Bristol from the Bristol Depo 1mile away from my house!

ha, you think thats bad. Got a parcel from the states today. It’s done the return trip across the atlantic 4 times before finally deciding to stay in the country 😯

P.S. Nice bike

scottishbadger
    Free Member

Er no, man’s gears is a single ring. 38t on a 29er. MTFU.

At least I can ride over roots.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘So my new Canyon Clown bike turned up…..’ is closed to new replies.