Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • So my brother has a new car
  • jools182
    Free Member

arrghhhhhhhhh

wish I hadn’t looked at this thread 🙁

I had a 1968 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce for about 4 years

Had to sell it about 3 years ago due to financial problems

Sold it for about £nob all as the market was quiet

I miss it a lot, and its made worse by the fact that prices are soaring now

fandango
    Free Member

Glad to hear your brother is going to use it properly! Would love to drive one as it was inteded… (from another 159ti owner)

robdob
    Free Member

I love to see the old cars driven properly, it’s what they were designed for. I do understand why some people don’t drive them, sometimes there is a lot of money invested in them and it only reduces if you drive it a lot!

A year or two ago there was a delivery mileage McLaren F1 sold fo millions. I would have loved to have won that at the auction, hand over a case full of money, grabbed the keys and drawn 2 long black lines of rubber out of the auction room, showing everyone what you should be doing with it!!! 😆

ir_bandito
    Free Member

My brother has a transit and a caravan. And a lot of dogs. Hang on, Ii think I’m a pikey…

alfa is bloody lovely. I’m a tart though and prefer the Ferraris(knowing I’ll never own anything close to either)

Saw a lod of E-types and other classics in the scottish borders this weekend doing a classic rally, as I rode to Edinburgh. The E-types were all being gently coaxed around, but someone in a Bristol was giving it that beans. Lovely sight and sound.

Nobby

Is the Alfa likely to be at Beaulieu this Sunday?

It should be in good company if it is.

allthegear
    Free Member

All this talk of Alfas Twin-Sparks has me remembering mine 🙂

Come to think o fit, I’ve done well for engines over last few years – a couple of Alfa twin-sparks, a couple of Subaru 2 litre turbo flat-fours and now a VAG 1.4TSI…

Rachel

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Been in a facel vega and something similar to your bros, ie fiat or alfa from the 60’s. Only recall the gorgeous smell of the old leather interior.

matthewjb
    Free Member

So what you’re saying is that your brother has money and taste? That’s just not fair is it.

Why couldn’t he have just bought an X5 or a Cayenne or something?

Seriously nice. Glad that he’s driving it as well.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Stunning car. That is all.

jamj1974

OP your brothers car is seriously lovely…

fatmax

you know some is really good when you get such overwhelming concensus on STW!
    Proper lush.

piemonster

Envy

cr500dom
    Free Member

Everything that comes out of Alfaholics workshop is just “Right”
    That is rather lovely
    A very lucky man
    A chap at work here has a same era GTV Project which is lovely too

I had 2 a few years ago, which would have made 1 decent car, but I sold the lot without finishing the project.
    I still hanker after a properly sorted one now, and the Mrs would happliy drive one too

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘So my brother has a new car’ is closed to new replies.