Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • so much for the speed cameras being turned off.
  • steveh

Yes definitely if you have points. Not telling them invalidates your insurance.

40mpg

Claim you are a surgeon and getting done would mean putting lives at risk. Works round here!

Smacks of a job creation scheme to me, mow a few down speeding then stitch them back up the next day at work

nmdbase
    Free Member

That'll teach you 😆

jam-bo

That'll teach you

Yep. Not to get caught again…

AndrewBF
    Free Member

The speed limit is imposed to try and reduce the number of road accidents. Which is a good reason for having one, no?

Fines/points/bans are imposed to punish transgressers, and to hopefully act as a deterrent to others.

The laws are clear, and apply to everyone equally.

Unless you are the Pope.

So far I've seen his car speeding, driving on the wrong side of the road, driving through red lights, and when he's waving to the crowd you'll notice he isn't wearing a seat belt.

All those police around and not one of them attempted to apprehend him or his driver.

One rule for the masses, one rule for heads of churches. IIRC The Queen gets the same treatment.

I'm going to start up my own religion and will demand the same rights.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Move to Ireland. The cameras are grey and almost invisible. The upshot is North of Dublin seem to house only a couple of them. Everybody knows and slows down. And with the roads as poor as we have you will slow down anyway.

Christowkid
    Free Member

jam bo:
    I'm sure you're sort of local to me, but can't remember exactly!
    There's been a couple of recent cases this past year where some have lied/sworn someone else was driving, but subsequent closer inspection by Mr Plod showed categorically they were actually the ones driving. The attempt to decieve lead to a jail sentence. A lady in Plymouth was one, going down the straight off Marsh Mills roundabout into the city, another was a biker on the A38. Both went down for it.
    It might be better to take it on the chin I'm afraid, as alternatives might lead to worse things….

If you're still Devon based, where was the camera….just so's I'm not done!
    cheers
    Q

hainey
    Free Member

Admirable a speed awareness course does not affect your insurance.

They even tell you that at the speed awareness course.

It is NOT classified as a conviction.

Speed Awareness Course

Remember, if you are eligible and elect to take the Speed Awareness Course, you do not have to pay the fine, you won’t get the penalty points and above all, you don’t have to tell your insurance company because the speeding offence is cancelled.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

for not spotting the van

Nobody said they were stopping using the vans! Infact they said they’ll turn the Gatsos off and put the funds into more vans!

Speeding Awareness Fail.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Hainey that’s what I was trying to tell him too…..

stufield
    Free Member

speeding isn’t like shoplifting,

shoplifiting causes someone else problems, speed limits are there to try and limit speed incase of a crash, but you should fine those that cause accidents etc… as someone’s been affected by your speed.

If I drive at 85 for 4 hours to get from south coast to lakes, and don’t hit anyone, cause anyone to swerve etc… what problems have I caused.

Laws are there to stop people from causing harm to each other.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nice logic stufield.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If I drive at 85 for 4 hours to get from south coast to lakes, and don’t hit anyone, cause anyone to swerve etc… what problems have I caused.

Laws are there to stop people from causing harm to each other.

Do you understand how Law actually works?

What if everybody decided to drive at 85mph for 4 hours to the Lakes?

aracer
    Free Member

What if everybody decided to drive at 85mph for 4 hours to the Lakes?

None of them would manage it as the road would be gridlocked.

OTOH if you’re not suggesting extra people going to the lakes, and just that all the existing drivers drove at 85, then what a brilliant idea. No overtaking, no lane changing – that would be wonderfully safe (if a little boring).

martinxyz
    Free Member

If you dont tell the insurance about everything they will use everything and anything to get out of paying up. sort of like driving around with no insurance at all.. only by having it in the first place,it will keep the police off yer back when using the car on the road. but thats where it stops.. if you cause an accident or get involved,then its all been a waste of your money and time ringing them up for cover in the first place.

miketually
    Free Member

OTOH if you’re not suggesting extra people going to the lakes, and just that all the existing drivers drove at 85, then what a brilliant idea. No overtaking, no lane changing – that would be wonderfully safe (if a little boring).

That would be ace,

Until some eejit decides to undertake at 95, someone reacts by braking…

If everyone were driving at 70, reaction distances would have been greater…

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘so much for the speed cameras being turned off.’ is closed to new replies.