Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • So, John Terry – lifetime ban?
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

I prefer ‘honky.’

hora
    Free Member

If its true (what was said) I personally feel he should receive a lifetime ban. There are alot of meat-head fans and it wont change their mindset but maybe, just maybe it may get to the younger/impressionable fans.

CaptJon
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    After all the threads on STW over the years are we now back at the point where we’re explaining to the unenlightened that there’s a difference between “White ***” and “Black ****”? Really?

*facepalms*

Depressing, isn’t it.

trailmonkey

deadlydarcy – Member
    After all the threads on STW over the years are we now back at the point where we’re explaining to the unenlightened that there’s a difference between “White ***” and “Black ****”? Really?

*facepalms*

seriously ? there are people out there who think there’s a difference ?

they’re obviously a white person that’s never been on the wrong end of racism. doesn’t suprise me though, hardly a hotbed of multi cultural experience on here is it 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Whatever.

But, can anyone lip read to see that John Terry says something racist? I’m reasonably good at lip reading, admittedly it helps if someone is facing me, and I can’t see anything racist.

Add to that (yes I know Terry doesn’t respect his team mates all the time), that Cole is pretty close to him too… do you really think he said something?

DezB
    Free Member

If I hadn’t read what he was supposed to have said first, I would have thought he was saying “Eh! Eh! Eh! You f*^ing bent C**t!”
    Is homophobia frowned upon in football yet?
    Not that I give a flying bent clint what happens to John Terry or any other pro footballer.

MSP

It sounds like Ferdinand is taking a claim of racism to the FA and is being backed by three of his team mates. Terry has been trying to call both the Ferdinand brothers but they are refusing to take his calls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2053972/Race-row-deepens-Terry-as.html

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think he was calling him a “Bland Colt” which is an american term for a horse that doesn’t turn out to be much good at racing. I just don’t think it’s crossed the Atlantic cultural divide…hence we’ve all jumped to conclusions and thought that the erstwhile brilliantly behaved Terry has been using racist language…rather than enlightening us.

*facepalms again*

LHS
    Free Member

I think its pretty obvious what he is saying. Hope it ruins him, ignorant racist and homophobic. Great role model.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LHS – what’s he saying then?

I really can’t work it out… I agree that he uses the C word.

But before that it just doesn’t look like the word starts with a ‘BL’…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member

there are people out there who think there’s a difference ?
    they’re obviously a white person that’s never been on the wrong end of racism. doesn’t suprise me though, hardly a hotbed of multi cultural experience on here is it

And yet you don’t get it.

The reason you will get comments like that is because some people have never really experienced racism, or in a lot of cases, other races at all. So maybe you can forgive the fact they don’t understand the difference between black **** and white ****.

LHS
    Free Member

Well, I think that this thread has already bypassed the rules on swear avoidance many times, so apologies mods if this contravenes, but I think its pretty obvious that he is saying

eh eh eh, f****** black c***.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LHS – what’s he saying then?

I really can’t work it out… I agree that he uses the C word.

But before that it just doesn’t look like the word starts with a ‘BL’…

Whatever he’s saying, I can’t see that there’s time to say “Oi, Anton, I never said…” as Ashley Cole passes him; given that it’s in slow motion. So, whatever he said, he’s telling porkies about it. And if it was harmless, why would he do that? *

*taken from DD’s jumping-to-massive-conclusions handbook 🙂

binners

He should get a lifetime ban just for being John Terry.

He is the very living embodiment of everything that is wrong with the modern game!

The cock-sure swaggering arrogance, so absolutely assured that he can say and do what he damn well likes, no matter how offensive, and everyone else will just have to accept it “because I’m England Captain John Terry”.

When he lost the England captaincy last time, you could tell he felt hard done by. Like HE was the victim. HE was being persecuted. No you thick **** its because shagging your team-mates missus might not exactly be the best way to promote dressing room team harmony!!!

His defense this time seems to amount to, once again, “do you know who I am?”

The bloke is a bell end of absolutely biblical proportions. And I personally feel embarrassed every time I see him in an England strip apparently ‘representing’ our country. He’s an utter ****!! Pure and simple. And his casual racism is just typical of his attitude to everything!

and breathe…….

D0NK

White naghty word or black naughty word I was under the impressio both were racist, only in this country more people are going to be sensitive about the latter, in other countries it may be the other way round. Both are perjoratives that imply your colour has some bearing on why you are being abused.

awaits a qualified right on PC hippy to confirm/correct.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

He’s still a cracking centre half though. 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

But he’s England’s Lion Heart™ who will do anything for his nation.

binners

He‘s still was a cracking centre half though.

FTFY 😉

JonR
    Free Member
    geordiemick00
    Free Member

I always like to post this when John Terry is mentioned.

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/4076812._NHS_is_exploiting_my_life____claims_transsexual/

Epic!!

FWIW on the JT issue, I think he thinks that he’s invincible. His sheer arrogance and cock sure personality will find him innocent of everything other than being a complete t-w-a-t

chakaping
    Free Member

If it happened it’s a criminal offence and Ferdinand should be going to the police not the bloody FA.

We need to kick football out of racism!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A lifetime ban would be too good for him.

I spend a lot of time in SA and I am always struck that despite all the history associated with apartheid and racism, there is none of the nonsense associated with the terms black and white. Having been conditioned by our own society’s expectations, this comes as a bit of a shock initially and I often find myself trying to avoid using the word black. But this is of course, completely absurd. My black colleagues describe themselves as Black and call me white and vice versa. I fail to see why using either term should be considered ‘racist’ without question. Far better than the convoluted terminology such as Afro-Carribean etc.

Having said that, I do not condone the addition of the term black in the context of “you black *******” because that is making a clear racist distinction. John Terry’s alleged comments and the abuse you hear on and off the pitch should have no place in sport – but this is professional football that we are talking about!!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

He should receive a lifetime of being kicked in the chops by Abou Diaby’s crippled foot.

chakaping
    Free Member

Consider these imaginary conversations…

Example A
    Person 1: “Do you know that ****?”
    Person 2: “Who?”
    Person 1: “The black guy over there”

Example B
    Person 1: “Do you know that black **** over there?”
    Person 2: “Whoah, that’s a bit racist JT!”

Anyone arguing there’s no REAL WORLD difference can **** off, you racist ****.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Chakaping – I hope that was not directed at me. I can assure you that is not what I was saying.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“I think all the players would like to dedicate it to John Terry,” he said.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has dedicated the club’s Carling Cup win over Everton to captain John Terry. Hmmm……

but this is professional football that we are talking about!!

😉

joeydeacon
    Free Member

In Rio Ferdinand’s book he makes reference to a current England player who is a known racist.

I remember the 2006 Spurs Chelsea game, Spurs won 2-1 and Terry got sent off. It was a Chelsea corner, Terry said something to Ledley, and suddenly every black Spurs player, King, Chimbonda etc went for him, and had to be restrained by the rest of the Spurs team. Terry got a straight red, didn’t complain at all, just walked off, think it was later described as for unsportsmanlike behaviour – was swept under the carpet.

theyEye
    Free Member

Can I be the first to suggest that he should be hung and quartered?

🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

Chakaping – I hope that was not directed at me. I can assure you that is not what I was saying.

No, more at people trying to justify racist insults with tenuous grammatical arguments.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Burn him for most of the reasons sated on here
    Never enough time for what he claims
    I cannot decribe him without swear words
    THM using black and white is fine if they are neutral descriptors – bacl bike white bike but they often display attitudes when used as references for race

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

JY – I do appreciate that!!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

joeydeacon – You actually read Rio Ferdinand’s book?

I looked at the pictures inside at him striking a pose with his mates in Magaluf, and promptly put it back on the shelf. 😆

Still, an interesting comment you made, but my mind is wondering who else the England closet racist could be?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

but my mind is wondering who else the England closet racist could be?

Based on overall stupidity I’m going to have to say Ashley Cole.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

😆 Me too!

Junkyard
    Free Member

JY – I do appreciate that!!

Yes but i just naturaly patronise you now without even trying 😳

MSP

This thread is useless without pictures………

of French lingerie models!

roper
    Free Member

maybe he comes from a family of racists which is why he never uses his surname?

binners

You could have a point there Roper. Maybe he doesn’t use his surname as it would betray his ancestral heritage that he’s still in denial about

John Terry Mugabe?

JonR
    Free Member

I can’t believe that anyone would be suprised that a working class white bloke from Barking is actually a racist, its BNP heartland for goodness sake.

LHS
    Free Member

What did you call me?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘So, John Terry – lifetime ban?’ is closed to new replies.